If you have ever sought advice from someone older, wiser or notably more accomplished, then you know that sound advice is not always just an opinion. Instead, it is the result of life experiences, hardships or valuable lessons learned.
Rehashing the past is not always easy, and that is why we should place stock in the opportunity to learn from the experiences of others and trust in their advice.
As you set out to decide upon your 2015 New Year’s Resolution, find inspiration in these 10 truthful quotes. Look to these motivational words to think big this year, and be changed next year.
- “You’ll never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine.” -John C. Maxwell
- “I think it’s very healthy to spend time alone. You need to know how to be alone and not be defined by another person.” -Oscar Wilde
- “Don’t let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace.” -Dalai Lama
- “In the end, only three things matter; how much you loved, how gently you lived, and how gracefully you let go of things not meant for you.” -Buddha
- “I want to be around people that do things. I don’t want to be around people anymore that judge or talk about what people do. I want to be around people who dream and support and do things.” -Amy Poehler
- “You must do the things you think you cannot do.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Please be a traveler, not a tourist. Try new things. Meet new people, and look beyond what’s right in front of you. Those are the keys to understanding this amazing world we live in.” -Andrew Zimmern
- “You can close your eyes to the things you don’t want to see, but you can’t close your heart to the things you don’t want to feel.” -Johnny Depp
- “The trouble is, you think you have time.” -Buddha
- “Spend a little more time trying to make something of yourself and a little less time trying to impress people.” -The Breakfast Club
If any of these quotes resonate with a notion you have had in the past year, consider acting on this new found inspiration to commit to a positive life change.
For those of you that need an additional nudge, absorb the famous words of F. Scott Fitzgerald and decide to think big and feel changed:
“For what it’s worth, it’s never too late to be whoever you want to be. I hope you live a life you’re proud of, and if you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start over.” -F. Scott Fitzgerald