By Dr. Joe Rubino
Boosting your self-confidence is as easy as developing 10 simple new habits that will support you to see your future as bright and compelling. These habits include:
1. Manage your interpretations aggressively. You get to choose a meaning that empowers you or shuts you down. Every challenge will provide you with a new opportunity to choose.
2. Act from your commitments. We are all committed to something…but most of us are more committed to our convenience than to taking the path that honors our values and aligns with our best interests. Build this muscle and watch your life transform!
3. Shift your mind’s focus. Is the glass half empty or full? Are you scanning for the dirt or the gold? Are you highlighting your flaws or your strengths? Catch yourself in negative self-talk and use affirmations to replace destructive thinking. Do it for 30 days and you now have a new habit.
4. Take the focus off yourself. Create a ‘master game’ where you will contribute to others who are less fortunate than you. This will handle your petty concerns.
5. Manage your destructive emotional moods. Your addiction to anger, sadness, or fear will damage your relationships, kill your personal effectiveness, and diminish your self-esteem.
6. Give up your right to be a victim, be invalidated and offended. No one can hurt you with their words without your permission.
7. Believe in yourself. See your success as inevitable. This will create in you the self-motivation essential to take the actions that will align with your positive vision for your life.
8. Choose empathy over offense. Get into the other person’s world to ask yourself, “What’s up with them to have them act the way they do?” By not taking things personally, you will become 10 feet tall and bullet proof.
9. Forgive yourself and others. Until you forgive yourself, you will find the same flaws in others that you can not tolerate in yourself. Forgive allows for completion so you no longer need to relive past lessons.
10. Ask yourself questions that empower you. “What’s good about this challenge?” and “Who am I BEING that is causing this to show up in my life?” Ask, “What am I NOT taking full responsibility for?”
When you learn to see the world differently and manage your thoughts and responses to what comes your way, you will become personally effective, powerful, happy and charismatic!
Dr. Joe Rubino, CEO of Http://www.CenterForPersonalReinvention.com, is acknowledged as one of the world’s foremost experts on the topic of elevating self-esteem. He is a life-changing personal development and success coach on how to restore self-esteem, achieve business success, maximize joy and fulfillment in life and productivity. He is known for his groundbreaking work as seen on PBS TV in personal and leadership development, building effective teams, enhancing listening and communication skills, life and business coaching and optimal life planning.
Dr. Joe’s vision is to impact the lives of at least 20 million children and 20 million adults. His Certification Program training coaches in Self-Esteem Elevation is teaching people all over the world the tools to help children and adults develop high self-esteem without the problems associated with excessive ego. http://www.highselfesteemkids.com
Learn more about his life-changing work in championing people to restore their self-esteem at http://www.TheSelfEsteemBook.com and receive FREE the insightful audio program “7 Steps to Soaring Self-Esteem” and a 1 year subscription to “The Success Achievers’ Club”…a $129 Value!