I know that you have heard the saying, “think outside of the box.” Now let’s do just that.
First of all, know that you possess many unique, valuable skills. Some of them are readily usable, such as your uncanny soft skills. They include:
- MULTICULTURAL AWARENESS – You understand and appreciate a variety of cultural perspectives and how to enhance productivity.
- COMMUNICATION – You use appropriate language when addressing different audiences.
- INFORMATION MANAGEMENT – You can obtain information and are able to evaluate its relevancy, accuracy, and make appropriate use of data.
- INTERPERSONAL SKILLS – You are able to take an active role when working in teams.
- WORKPLACE RELATIONSHIPS AND ETHICS – You understand and support organizational goals and structure and you can follow chain of commands.
Other skills, you may need to develop. For instance, you may be a great reader and may need to take a course at a local extension office on “How to Tutor,” or “How to Instruct Others on Basic English.” You may be a whizz at math, computations, and logical reasoning, there are tons of options for people possessing these skills.
Second of all, everyone has to continually develop their skills. You are not different. Learn something that is consistent with your passion for work. There are many types of jobs that value your basis skills. Now add to your skills sets for jobs such as:
- Online Graders
- Teachers in vocational programs (such skills as sewings, welding, labor, construction, computer basics, typing)
- Coaching everything from cheerleader, flag girls, a musical instrument, soccer, baseball, and kk-12 sports including basketball, football, golf, tennis
- Subcontract jobs offer work at home opportunities for everything from cell phone customer service to auto mechanic call services. The Census Bureau as well as the IRS offer subcontract opportunities.
There is a wonderful article called, “The 25 Hottest Skills of 2014 on Linkedin,” that will offer value to you as a person who feels that their skills are non existent.
Share with me how you have transformed your mindset about your skills level and how you have overcome it and landed an opportunity for work.
Hope that you have enjoyed this article. Check out the video, “Why a Modern Resume Should Be More Portfolio and Pitch Than Paper.”