The 2015 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival will take place March 4-May 17. The festival, now in its 22nd year, adds a little twist to its free concert series this year. What used to be known as the Flower Power Concert Series has now been renamed the Garden Rocks Concert Series.
With this renaming comes some slight changes. Garden Rocks will continue to offer live music concerts at the American Gardens Theatre on festival weekends. The renaming of, however, reflects the concerts attempt to schedule a broader range of decades and artists.
Garden Rocks will hosts eleven musical acts in its debut year, many of whom will be familiar to guests who have attended one of Walt Disney World’s concert series: Flower Power, Sounds Like Summer or Epcot International Food & Wine Festival’s Eat to the Beat.
But first the new acts. Pablo Cruise and Little River Band will perform for Epcot guests for the first time Jon Secada, Taylor Dayne and En Vogue, fan favorites who’ve played the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, will make their Flower & Garden Festival debuts. And kicking off the Garden Rocks concerts on March 6-8 are the Gin Blossoms, who also have performed at the Food & Wine Festival.
There are also several musical groups returning to the Flower & Garden Festival. These include the Village People, who debuted at the festival in 2013 and osone of several groups representing the 1970s. Herman’s Hermits starring Peter Noone, a Flower Power regular, will represent the 1960s in its May 15-17 appearance Also returning to the festival are The Orchestra starring former members of ELO, Starship and The Guess Who.
Garden Rocks artist schedule for 2015 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival
Garden Rocks performances take place America Gardens Theatre at 5:30, 6:45 and 8 p.m. every Friday, Saturday and Sunday of the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival. Concerts included with Epcot admission. Here is this year’s tentative lineup:
- March 6-8: Gin Blossoms (“Hey Jealousy,” new to this festival)
- March 13-15: Pablo Cruise (“Love Will Find a Way”) NEW!
- March 20-22: En Vogue (“Free Your Mind,” new to this festival)
- March 27-29: Starship (“We Built This City”)
- April 3-5: The Orchestra starring former members of ELO (“Evil Woman”)
- April 10-12: Village People (“Y.M.C.A.”)
- April 17-19: Jon Secada (“Just Another Day,” new to this festival)
- April 24-26: The Guess Who (“These Eyes”)
- May 1-3: Taylor Dayne (“Tell It to My Heart,” new to this festival)
- May 8-10: Little River Band (“Reminiscing”) NEW!
- May 15-17: Herman’s Hermits starring Peter Noone (“I’m Henry the VIII, I Am”)
Note: Schedules and entertainment are subject to change. Representative songs are provided for artist recognition only and may not be performed.
For more information about the 2015 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival, call 407/W-DISNEY (934-7639) or visit http://www.EpcotinSpring.com. The festival, including all gardening programs and exhibits, is included in regular Epcot admission.