Who wants to go into the New Year with erectile dysfunction (“ED”) problems – no one? Consider the following tips for making New Year changes for a healthier sex life.
Method 1 of 3: Making Lifestyle Changes
In the United States, erectile dysfunction affects nearly 30 million men, especially between the ages of 40 and 70. ED causes physical and psychological symptoms. This sexual condition in men, is not a natural occurrence of aging, nor is it all in your head. This is why, men should go see their doctor when they experience erectile dysfunction symptoms. Erectile dysfunction is often a side effect of different underlying health conditions, like heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, or high cholesterol.
1. Exercise because it aids in blood circulation, which is an important component in men sustaining an erection. Exercise is not a harsh word, because it can be as simple as walking around your community, running, swimming, or biking. Perform strength training, at least 4 times a week. A Harvard study has proven that just walking 30 minutes a day, actually caused a 41% decrease in the risk for ED.
2. Large abdomen or waistlines are a cause of erectile dysfunction. Losing weight can have a profound effect on your bedroom performance and overall health. Eat a diet filled with fresh fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean proteins, and health fats. Replace processed foods that are made from refined sugars, flours, and high calorie sweet drinks, with water, unsweetened tea. Eat healthy snacks such as carrots, nuts, and apples, instead of fast foods.
3. Smoking can make Ed even worse because it impedes the proper health of the circulatory system. If you continually having trouble maintaining an erection, it may be due to the nicotine, tobacco, and tar in your cigarettes. To stop, start slowly by cutting back on the number of cigarettes that you smoke each day. Limit your smoking to a few cigarettes, rather than smoking a whole pack.
4. Alcohol is another harmful substance that negatively affects a man’s ability to maintain an erection. If a man drinks excessively, he will find it very difficult to stay hard.
5. Pelvic floor exercises were once only associated with women, after they gave birth, to strengthen their muscles. However, doctors have learned that pelvic floor exercises are great for men. Pelvic floor exercises are known as “Kegel” exercises. The pelvic floor area in men, helps the penis to remain rigid.
To perform the exercises, you can:
• tighten the muscles you use to stop your urine flow
• tighten and release this muscle about 8 times
• continue until you have completed 3 or 4 sets of 8
• perform Kegels at least once a day
Method 2 of 3: Overcoming Anxiety
1. Be Anxiety Free – When you remove stress and anxiety from your life, you can maintain a healthy sex life. Anxiety causes erectile dysfunction. Whatever your stressors are, think about how to remove them.
2. Clear Your Mind – Clear your mind and focus on what you are feeling during sex. If you find yourself becoming distracted, it is time to spice up your sex life with new scents, textures, sounds, and techniques. Mindfulness is all about being completely in the moment, both physically and mentally.
3. Communication – Do you know what your partner wants in the bed or does he know what you want? Talk to each other in a comfortable and relaxing environment. Your sex life will wane if you are trying to guess what your partner likes or needs. You may find it more difficult to maintain an erection (“performance anxiety”). Therefore, communicate your desires and find ways to give new life to your sexual environment.
4. Learn New Sex Techniques – Talk to close friends or read up on sex techniques. Open your mind and learn how to increase your sexual comfort level with your partner. If you are taking a male enhancement supplement due to erectile dysfunction, but you are still feeling guilty about your sexual desires, these negative emotions might be the cause of your erectile dysfunction.
Method 3 of 3: Trying Medications and Therapies
1. ED drugs or medications can help men keep an erection for several hours. They work safely by increasing the nitric oxide levels in the blood to relax and increase the blood flow to the penis. If you need an erectile dysfunction drug, talk to your doctor who can give you a prescription for a little blue pill or other male enhancement supplements. Your doctor can also find the underlying cause of your ED and help you with the right treatments.
2. There are many safe alprostadil injections or suppositories that can be administered directly to the penis to give you a firm erection. Talk to your doctor for side effects, such as pain and an increase of the fibrous tissue in the penis.
3. Another option for ED is testosterone replacement therapy. Talk to your doctor and if it is suggested that due to low levels of testosterone, that you need this treatment, it is a safe way to keep your sexual health strong and rewarding.
4. A penis pump is a device with a hollow tube that is operated by hand. The tube is placed on the penis to create an erection. A ring is placed at the base of the penis to keep the blood from flowing back out.
5. Penile implants are also a method that men have chosen to help with their ED. Men can opt for an inflatable implant or a semi-rigid implant. Talk to your doctor about side effects that can include an infection.
6. Natural remedies, such as acupuncture, herbal medications, herbal Viagra, red ginseng, L-arginine supplements, or dehydroepiandrosterone have been used successfully to help men with ED.
7. Egg oil applied to the penile area helps to improve the circulation of blood. Egg oil contains Omega-3 fatty acids, anti-oxidants, and immunoglobulins. Simply massage egg oil onto the glans after retracting the foreskin, leave it on through the night, then wash it off in the morning. To keep your female partner safe from vaginal infections, do not have unprotected sex while using egg oil.
8. There are a few Ayurvedic herbal remedies that help the blood flow freely to the penile area. These herbs have been used for centuries. Some are known as Withania Somnifera, Mucuna Prurins, Chlorophytum Arundinaceum, Asparagus Aacemosus, and Tribulus Terrestris. Research is still being conducted on these herbal remedies, but they have proven successful. Other aphrodisiac remedies include Agnus, Castus, and Onosmodium.
Doctors are ready to talk to their patients about the importance of ED health. They can help educate you on the different male enhancement supplements for better sexual stamina and experience. Men don’t like going to the doctor, but if it is to keep you sexually healthy and extend your life, don’t be ashamed, see them and live happier.