By Dr. Joe Rubino
5 Tips To Improve Your Relationships and Empower Your Life
Do all five and watch magic happen in your life!
1. Acknowledge someone today for something they did that contributed to you in some way. Point out to them how their action contributed to making your life better. You will have empowered them and reinforced the kind of behavior you most desire.
2. Draw up a list of “clear-the-deck” items representing those things that you have avoided dealing with that are somehow draining your energy or detracting from your happiness, freedom and power. Look at each area of your life: your home, business, family, relationships, health, finances, recreation, etc. Prioritize this list and commit to handling at least two or three of these items every day until you have exhausted your list. Repeat this exercise monthly to ensure that your life remains focused on those things that matter most, unrestricted by those things that keep you preoccupied or distracted.
3. Decide to forgive. Write down a list of any people with whom you still have an incompletion. Who are you angry with or resentful towards? Take some action toward completing with and forgiving these people. Call them, visit them or write them a letter (you can either mail it or not depending on the volatility of the situation). Remember, forgiving or completing with someone does not mean that you agree with what they did. You simply have decided that you will no longer hold it against them and let it consume your energy.
4. Commit random acts of kindness. Reach out to at least one person today who you would not have ordinarily and do something nice for them. Send them a thoughtful card. Call them to say you appreciate them. Take them to lunch. Pick them a flower. Do something that says you care without expecting anything in return.
5. Have you taken even a few minutes today to reflect upon the blessings in your life? If you are like most people, you are probably more present to the problems of the day. What you attract to you is consistent with the energy you put forth into the world. Focus on what you have to be grateful for and you will attract more of the same. Make a list of all the blessings for which you are thankful today. Particularly note those things you usually take for granted. Express your gratitude to others. Do something nice for someone less fortunate than you. Do this consistently for 30 days and you will develop it as a habit that will shower countless blessings upon your life.
Dr. Joe Rubino is an internationally acclaimed personal development trainer, life-changing success coach and best-selling author of 10 books available in 23 languages and 58 countries worldwide. He is the CEO of The Center for Personal Reinvention, Http://www.CenterForPersonalReinvention.com, an organization that has impacted the lives of more than 2,000,000 people through personal and leadership development, providing participants with tools to maximize their happiness, productivity and personal effectiveness. Joe is the Creator of Http://www.SelfEsteemSystem.com, a life-changing program that’s been called the most effective system to elevate self-esteem ever devised. Visit Http://www.SelfEsteemSystem.com to pick up your free “7 Steps to Soaring Self-Esteem Audio” and Success Club Membership. ($129 Value, Yours free!)