Everyone knows of famous companies that were started in a garage, like Apple and HP. Unfortunately the fabled “garage backstory” is much more glamorous than the reality for those whose companies are currently relegated next to the car. Global Garage Flooring and Design is kind of a cool franchisor that remodels garages and turns them into comfortable living spaces. “Most people go years without using their garage or they simply use it as a storage unit – not seeing the full potential of the space,” says Global Garage Flooring and Design CEO Lance Jensen. ” However, if you work from home or run your own business – one can simply turn their garage into a home office in a few steps.” Here are Jensen’s suggestions for transforming your garage into a great home office:
- Get creative. To allow your garage a full office turnaround, look into changing your garage floors to something more appealing than the normal rusty and soiled garage floors. Also, look into giving the garage a fresh, clean look by painting it in light colors or applying a quick coat paint on the garage door to create a professional, welcoming look.
- Create open space. Anyone can spot those Halloween and Christmas decorations or other items that you cannot fit inside of your closets, basement or attic. Make room for essential office tools by clearing up the unnecessary clutter. Look into getting rubber totes that are perfect for storing anything
- Monitor temperature. If you’re going to use your garage as your home office for a long time, you may want to put efforts in to wiring your home to monitor the temperature of your garage, and even your driveway, for comfort. You do not want an office that is too cold in the winter or too hot in the summer.
- Have good lighting. This is always overlooked, but a dark or dim garage can cause you to be counterproductive. With the right lighting, you will be able to handle your business accordingly, and you will remain alert and professional
- Image is everything. Incorporate great landscaping around your garage to provide a desirable connection from the street to your office.
Global Garage Flooring® & Design is currently seeking to expand its national network of Global Garage® Franchisees with individuals who are ready to succeed on their own terms. The garage refinishing business continues to be one of the fastest growing segments of the multi-billion dollar home improvement industry. To learn more about starting a franchise, please visit their website here.