Having romantic relationships with others is often a significant part of our life’s journey. When you are in a partnership that moves beyond the superficial, opportunities for growth, awareness and joy naturally occur.
Sometimes the incessant desire to attract a powerfully connecting relationship can actually block its manifestation. Codependent attachments to certain people, outcomes or situations are usually fear-based and thwart the process of love unfolding with ease.
Consider these 7 insights and suggestions as you become more holistically aware of interactions with others and how you view self-love and love with a partner:
- Start with a blank slate. Examine the relationship you are currently in and assess its potential for growth. If you know you deserve better and realize your situation is not healthy or nurturing, it’s probably time to release it. Move past any denial, shame or guilt and empower yourself to make a healthy choice.
- Get your life back in order. Free your physical environment of any old clutter or reminders from the past. Sage your space of energetic debris and cut energy cords with people who are draining you. Refocus your efforts on other life areas like health, career and finances and become your own hero again.
- Allow yourself to be free of a romantic relationship for at least 6 months. During this hiatus, rediscover yourself. Remove any old thoughts and patterns about previous commitments, practice forgiveness and create new beliefs based on self-love, worthiness and integrity.
- Feel the energy of love again. Figure out what you love about life and what brings you joy and peace. Express gratitude, love and appreciation for the simple pleasures and get back to the basics of being alive with excitement and wonder.
- Set an intention to the universe to ‘have’ true love. When you speak affirmations about ‘finding’ love, it may subtly imply that it could be lost again. You want true love to remain with you and to be sustained.
- Raise your vibration. Listen to music, laugh at funny jokes and engage in social activities that you have a passion for. Bliss, peace and love are high frequency emotions. You will start to vibrate at a different energetic level and attract relationships tuned into those frequencies.
- Let the process flow like a river. Don’t try to force anything to happen. When you attach to specific expectations, fear can creep into your mind and create constant worry. Ask the universe and your spiritual support team to intervene on your behalf and facilitate the highest and best true love relationship for you at the perfect time. Be okay with what is and trust in a higher power.
Honor your intuition, follow inner guidance and be patient as each day brings new insights. Sometimes there is behind-the-scenes work that you may not be consciously aware of.
Love happens on so many levels and to have a beautiful, soulful partnership is a great opportunity for self-awareness and mirrored reflection. Being closed-minded about your own personal growth can be self-sabotaging. Remain open and flexible and give yourself permission to expand consciously in love.