Al Sharpton is known to viewers of MSNBC as the host who misreads half of the words that scroll up his teleprompter and to state and federal courts as guy is in arrears to the tune of $4.5 million. But the role for which he is best known is about to play out in 25 cities throughout the nation.
From ABC News:
Al Sharpton said today that he is “on high alert” for the grand jury decision in the case of Michael Brown, the unarmed black teenager who was shot and killed by a police officer in Ferguson, Missouri.
Sharpton said that his civil rights group, the National Action Network, have been planning for “vigils and non-violent demonstrations” when the Ferguson grand jury hands down its ruling, which is expected to come any day.
“I have pledged to the mother and father of Michael Brown that I will be there with them when the decision is announced,” Sharpton said at a press conference today.
If you find that message confusing, that’s because it is. Presumably, if the grand jury decides to hold the case of Ferguson, Mo., police officer and shooter Darren Wilson over for trial, Sharpon will call off his dogs. Which means he has already decided there is one acceptable outcome. So much for justice.
Don’t believe the part about non-violent demonstrations either. That is simply lip service that Sharpton and fellow race-baiters pay to the ideas of Martin Luther King, Jr., whenever they organize a “vigil.” Having already ginned up emotions in black communities nationwide, Sharpton knows full well that riots, which have already occurred in Ferguson, are likely to be repeated. In anticipation of that contingency, he has organized “rallies” in 25 U.S. cities.
Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani is distressingly familiar with Sharpton’s M.O. He said Monday on Fox News Channel’s “Hannity”:
Putting pressure on grand juries to indict in my view is un-American. A grand jury should be allowed to be fair and impartial. They shouldn’t have people yelling and screaming.
Recalling a confrontation he had with Sharpton years ago over alleged NYPD brutality, the mayor went on to add:
What is this, the Old West in which we’re yelling and screaming for people to be killed? When you start that language and that yelling and that screaming, don’t tell me that doesn’t incite violence. Isn’t the answer to this: Abide by the jury’s verdict?
Tell that to Sharpton.
- Ferguson-area cop reportedly warns residents, ‘Buy a gun, we can’t protect you’ (Video)
- Gun sales ‘spike’ in Ferguson as residents fear violence
- ‘Obama justice’: Ferguson ‘protesters’ put bounty on Darren Wilson, give cops list of demands *UPDATE*
- Video: Deneen Borelli. ‘Ferguson’ race card. Slam. Dunk.
- Why is Al Sharpton going to Ferguson, Mo., before the midterm elections?
- Anti-gun lawmaker smelling of alcohol arrested in Ferguson carrying loaded gun (Video)
- Forensics support Ferguson cop; protesters threaten nationwide violence (Video)
- Al Sharpton has $4.5 million in state and federal tax liens against him
For more articles and headlines, be sure to check out Liberty Unyielding. Follow me on Twitter or join me at Facebook.