The age of smartphones and tablets has ushered an insatiable need for data use. The amount of content that is consumed is ever increasing and this has naturally led to the need to manage content on these devices.
Managing the content most commonly involves:
1. Backing up all the content on the phone including call history, contacts, text messages, photos, videos, apps, app data and more.
2. Restoring backed up data back to the phone.
3. Transferring data from one phone to another.
The two most popular platforms, or operating systems, used in smartphones are Android OS and iOS. This makes apps that can perform the above content management functions in the best way very popular on both android and iPhone smartphones.
Benefits of backup, restore and transfer apps to end-users
Some of the benefits that make the backup, restore and transfer software’s so popular, and that users enjoy include the following:
1. You can back up files to a memory card on the phone, to your computer or cloud storage e.g. Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive or paid for cloud services. The backups should be configurable to make them automatic.
2. If something bad happens to your phone including:
• Your phone crashes
• You accidentally delete files
• Your phone is lost or stolen
• Your phone gets destroyed due to some mishap such as dropping it
You can easily restore your important data that you may have spent hours and hours creating or configuring, and is probably irreplaceable.
3. The good content management apps will allow you to search backed up files.
4. File compression is also an important feature meaning that you will use less space to store backups of your data.
Benefits of backup, restore and transfer apps to retail outlets
Users of the backup, restore and transfer apps are not always necessarily end users. Sometimes, you will find that retail outlet stores that sell the smartphones and tablets will want to have such apps and computer software.
The benefits for retail stores and their customers include:
• Making it easy for a customer to decide on buying an upgraded Smartphone because data can be easily transferred to a new phone.
• The process of transferring data to a new Smartphone can be done very fast.
• Customers will be satisfied and thus loyalty and customer retention is almost guaranteed.
• The newly purchased phone can be used immediately, and the customer has all the important information including phone history, text messages, applications and data, images and videos.
BackupTrans is a great app suite that can manage your data and content. The app can backup, restore and transfer SMS, MMS, WhatsApp content, including pictures, and your Viber content. It can basically do this for all data on your phone. This can be done for both android and iPhone smart phones.
If you would like to buy this great app, or many other apps, at a great discounted price, be sure to go to http://softwarecoupons.com/ where you can get the best coupons and offers.