It’s mom, so getting her the perfect gift is pretty much a big deal. Plus it’s one of the only days we really get to honor mom. Of all the gifts to choose from, showering her with a gift that reflects your unmatched love and adoration for her is what you want to aim for. To really toy with her affections here are a few tips on gift ideas for Mother’s Day.
Tip #1: Get her something she most likely doesn’t already own. In other words, mom may already have a dozen pair of shoes and accessories but does she have a limited edition statement handbag?
Tip #2: Add a new scent to her growing collection. We know mom’s favorite scent (my mom at least) is Chanel No.5 or Elizabeth Taylor White Diamonds, I mean she has it in fragrance, lotion and shower gel form. Getting her another bottle of Chanel No. 5 won’t really create a sense of excitement, opt instead to get her another fragrance from the same house. For example you can surprise her with the latest scent from Chanel that way you’re not straying too far from her favorites.
Tip #3: Sometimes a sentimental card will do. Especially if that card is creative, fun and filled with the most heartfelt statement that will sure to be a tear jerker. Cards are like mementos that most people hold onto. If you want a gift that will save you money but still bring on the feels a card your best bet.
Tip #4: It’s your mother so it’s okay to splurge! You wouldn’t mind spending that 1k for a TV for yourself so why not for mom? Just think of all the money she spent on you over the years–it never adds up. But to be on the safe side, you can get mom that little something she always talked about but felt guilty about splurging on. Now is a great time to use that as an excuse to help her realize her material dreams. She’ll feel good about it and so will you.
If you’re still unsure, here is little gift guide to help you along…
1. Herons’ Realm Covered Vase $700 llandro.com
2. Helen Ficalora Mom Heart Love Necklace $900 helenficalora.com
3. Josie Natori Lace ‘Lolita’ Wrap $219 natori.com
4. Henri Bendel ‘Carlyle’ Lizard Mini Wallet $148 henribendel.com
5. Serena & Lily ‘Jane’ Shirt Dress $325 serenaandlily.com
6. Mau Interlocking Ring $190 maujewelry.com
7. Chloe ‘Drew’ Small Bag $1,850 chloe.com
8. Charlotte Tilbury ‘K.I.S.S.I.N.G’ Mini Lipstick Charm Trio $39 nordstrom.com
9. Vibrant Blooms in Vases Mother’s Day Card $6 papyrusonline.com
10. Balenciaga L’eau Rose Fragrance $90 balenciaga.com