Now that a late Thanksgiving has past, there is less than three weeks until Hanukkah and four weeks until Christmas for planning your holiday shopping. For the perfect hostess gift or food lover’s treat, the Specialty Food Association has created a tempting selection of sweet and savory goodies to put on your list.
New consumer research from the Specialty Food Association shows that chocolate, cheese and baked goods top the list of food gifts this holiday season. “The great news for gift recipients is that creativity is at an all-time high within these categories and beyond. There are more treats than ever, like handcrafted charcuterie for the food adventurer in quest of new tastes,” says Louise Kramer, public relations director for the Association.
Chocoholics will love this year’s selections of molten chocolate cake, chocolate cayenne cookies with bacon and malted cocoa-cakes. Each pick is a winner of a sofi™ Award, which honors the best of the best in specialty food from members of the Specialty Food Association.
This year’s list includes nine sweet and nine spicy gifts and an irresistible goat cheese.
Sweet Gifts include:
• Handmade Hot Fudge from Coop’s MicroCreamery
• Malted Cocoacakes from Effie’s Homemade
• Heritage Shortbread Tin from Heritage Shortbread
• Molten Chocolate Cake from Hot Cakes Molten Chocolate Cakery
• Coconut Macaroons from Klara’s Gourmet Cookies
• Duck Fat Caramels from Olive & Sinclair Chocolate Co.
• Cranberry Pumpkin Seed Bittersweet Toffee Tiles from Poco Dolce Confections
• Tonewood Grade B Maple Square from Tonewood
• Peanut Brittle from Zingerman’s Candy Manufactory
• Spicy Catalunya Bar from Bissinger’s Handcrafted Chocolatier
• Lentil Rice Crispbread from East Hampton Gourmet Foods, Inc.
• Chocolate Cayenne Cookies from Grey Ghost Bakery
• Hot Smoky Barbeque Sauce from Lillie’s Q Barbeque Sauces & Rubs
• Organic Hot Chorizo from Olli Salumeria Americana
• Smokra from Rick’s Picks
• Spiced Winter Red Tea from Tea Pigs
• Downton Christmas Tea from The Republic of Tea
• Bijou from Vermont Creamery
• Cranberry Saffron Vinegar from Wozz! Kitchen Creations
With this delectable variety of gourmet goodies, you will surely find gifts to spark any friend or family’s palate whose name is on your holiday shopping list.
Forget the frenzy of Cyber Monday and support the many small businesses and artisans in your area. Relax in your pj’s, ignore the over-trafficked internet sites and order savory holiday gifts for all the food lovers in your world.
Enjoy this article? Please share with your family and friends. To receive up-to-date food and restaurant news alerts, click on the “Subscribe to Author” in the colored box below and be sure to visit Hudson Valley Restaurant Examiner and TastefulLiving.net.