Do you have questions about how to make a flaky pie crust? What if your pie crust is tough or soggy? Call the Crisco Pie Hotline for all your Thanksgiving pie recipe questions. Don’t forget Christmas pie recipes and questions about those as well. Crisco has all the answers to your holiday pie questions. Just give them a call!
About the Crisco Pie and Baking Hotline
The Crisco Pie & Baking Hotline is a one-stop resource that offers assistance and tips for pie bakers. Consumers can call the hotline 24 hours a day to get answers to questions such as, “how do I keep my crust from becoming soggy,” or “how long can I freeze an unbaked pie?” Year round, a baking expert can be reached Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. EST.
The most common questions are: “How do I make a pie crust?” “What is the Crisco classic pie crust recipe?” “What are some tips for baking a flaky pie crust?” “Can I freeze a baked and/or an unbaked pie?” “How do I keep my pie crusts from getting soggy, or crumbly?” “How do I keep my meringue pie top from weeping?”
For more information about the Crisco Pie & Baking Hotline or for additional tips, recipes and how-to videos, visit Crisco.com. Join the Crisco community on Facebook at Facebook.com/Crisco or on Pinterest at Pinterest.com/criscorecipes.
Best Homemade Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Single crust Classic Crisco Pie Crust:
- 1 1/3 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 stick well-chilled Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/2 cup well-chilled Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 3 to 6 tablespoons ice cold water
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice* or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 (15 oz.) can canned pumpkin
- 1 (12 oz.) can PET® Evaporated Milk
- PREPARE single pie crust according to recipe directions, using a 9-inch pie plate; do not bake.
- HEAT oven to 375°F.
- MIX brown sugar, flour, spices and salt in a large bowl. Stir in egg. Beat in pumpkin and evaporated milk until smooth. Pour into prepared pie crust.
- BAKE 50 to 55 minutes or until knife inserted 2 inches from edge comes out clean.
TIP: The following ingredients may be substituted for pumpkin pie spice: 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, 1/4 tsp. ginger, 1/4 tsp. cloves, pinch of allspice.
Recipe and photos used with permission by Crisco.com.