Black Friday has arrived – and with Cyber Monday right around the corner – retailers across the nation are geared up for the busiest shopping season in over a decade, according to EyesOnNews on Friday. With many stores opening early on Thanksgiving and others offering door busting shopping deals online, retailers are in fierce competition with one another in favor of a recovering economy.
Despite the traditional extra shopping hours for Black Friday and 24/7 online shopping – even from your mobile device – many Americans continue to believe that Thanksgiving should be celebrated with family, friends and loved ones – not for shopping.
“Black Friday and Cyber Monday are called that for a reason,” Lee Feldman, President of Pops Corn in Pembroke Pines, told EyesOnNews. “While the savvy shopper is more discount-focused than ever, I believe that Thanksgiving should be celebrated in the tradition. And that means among family and friends.”
For those in the mood for a little Black Friday cheer, the following quotes and sayings are just for you:
Holiday Shopping Quotes & Sayings
- “I miss the good old days when Black Friday was actually on Friday.” – Unknown
- “This year I only had to beat up 3 kids to get what I wanted on Black Friday.” – Unknown
- “Why the hell don’t liquor stores have Black Friday sales?” – Unknown
- “Hope you enjoyed Black-and-Blue Friday at Walmart.” – Unknown
- “Christmas is the season when you buy this year’s gifts with next year’s money.” – Unknown
- “Whoever said money can’t buy happiness simply didn’t know where to go shopping.” – Bo Derek
- “The day I can finally jump on the Christmas Bandwagon with the rest of the nuts who started on Halloween.” – Unknown
- “One of the nice things about Christmas is that you can make people forget the past with a present.” – Unknown
- “Shopping is better than sex. If you’re not satisfied after shopping you can make an exchange for something you really like.” – Adrienne Gusoff
- “Because only in America, people trample others for sales exactly one day after being thankful for what they already have.” – Unknown
- “You know what? I don’t see color. I just see people. I will be calling it Friday.” – Unknown
- “The quickest way to know a woman is go to shopping with her.” – Marcelene Cox
- “Oh for the good old days when people would stop Christmas shopping when they ran out of money.” – Unknown
- “If the shoe fits, buy it in every color!” – Jerry Smith
- “When women are depressed, they eat or go shopping. Men invade another country. It’s a whole different way of thinking.” – Elayne Boosler
- “I shop like a bull – I charge everything!” – Jerry Smith
And while the majority of Americans have continued the tradition of Thanksgiving by staying home with family and friends, others redefined Black Friday and indulged online by shopping the hottest deals from their smartphone, tablets or PC.
“We’ve experimented with discount codes and special offers, like free postage, and found that shoppers not only expect them, but demand them,” concluded Feldman of Pops Corn.
Bill Lewis of Fort Lauderdale, Florida – Radio talk show host, Starbucks connoisseur, social media whiz, political consultant, extreme coupon shopper, identity theft expert, columnist, philanthropist and his kids Dad.
As a nationally recognized credit repair and ID theft expert, Bill Lewis is principal of William E. Lewis Jr. & Associates, a solutions based professional consulting firm specializing in the discriminating individual, business or governmental entity.