Today’s Weather Synopsis…
Milder temperatures will continue to surge into the region as a warm front advances to the north and east this morning. A return southerly flow ahead of an approaching cold front will allow temperatures to briefly reach slightly above average readings today into early Monday, along with increasing amounts of moisture which will lead to some spotty drizzle and light rain showers at times.
The front will cross the region on Monday and a brisk and cold Canadian air mass will then arrive in the wake of the frontal passage into Tuesday. High pressure will briefly build into the region late Monday night into Tuesday with dry and cool conditions, before another warm front arrives ahead of the next system into mid-week with some rain and snow showers.
The Capital Region forecast for the next 48 hours…
• This Morning: Mostly cloudy.
Sunrise: 7:04 AM
Winds: South 10-15 mph.
• This Afternoon: Variably cloudy, breezy, and milder with a slight chance of drizzle.
Sunset: 4:23 PM
Winds: South 10-15 mph, gusting up to 30 mph.
Albany, NY Normal Low/High: 27° / 42°
• Tonight: Mostly cloudy with a chance of drizzle and fog before midnight, then a chance of rain showers.
Sunrise: 7:06 AM
Winds: South 5-10 mph.
• Monday: Mostly cloudy and breezy with a slight chance of rain showers.
Sunset: 4:23 PM
Winds: West 10-15 mph, gusting up to 25 mph.
• Monday Night: Partly cloudy and cold.
Sunrise: 7:07 AM
Winds: Northwest 10-15 mph.
A look ahead…
• Tuesday: Sunshine mixing with a few clouds and much colder.
• Wednesday: Cloudy with a chance of snow, sleet, and freezing rain in the morning, then becoming milder with a chance of rain showers in the afternoon.
• Thursday: Intervals of clouds and sun.