The beauty lookbook guides from 87th annual Academy Awards keep pouring in because fans want to emulate their favorite celebrity’s style, and honestly, we just cannot get enough. L’Oréal Paris Global Nail Artist Tom Bachik is the professional responsible for creating the Oscar looks on Best Actress winner Julianne Moore, supermodel Heidi Klum and America’s sweetheart, Jennifer Aniston. Each guide is detailed below.
Beginning with the big winner of the night, Julianne Moore dazzled at the 2015 Oscars in a custom-made Chanel by Karl Lagerfeld white strapless gown with floral appliques and embellishments. Her low bun and side swept bang framed glowing skin and dramatic eyes, which added an elegant touch and old Hollywood charm for the 54-year-old star of “Still Alice.”
Tom Bachik for L’Oréal Paris “wanted to create a clean, simple nail look that really played up the beaded adornment accents of Julianne’s gorgeous gown.” To achieve Moore’s Academy Award winning nails, follow his step-by-step guide.
- File a “short, natural nail shape to elongate the hands for an ultra-feminine look.”
- Add one coat of sheer, ballet slipper pink L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Nail Polish in Wishful Pinking.
- For an iridescent shimmer, apply one coat of Colour Riche Nail Polish in Charmed I’m Sure.
- Massaged Age Perfect Glow Renewal Facial Oil over the nails and cuticles to keep them healthy-looking, youthful and hydrated.
Heidi Klum attended Elton John’s Oscar viewing party, and for the event Tom wanted to give the 41-year-old fashionista a “soft 1970s glam look. We layered different shades of pinks to create a perfect custom shade for the evening” to complement the supermodel’s Versace gown, Christian Louboutin shoes, and Lorraine Schwartz jewels.
- Shape the nails into a classic, oval, elongated shape.
- Apply one coat of L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Nail Polish in How Romantic.
- Layer one coat of Colour Riche Nail Polish in Wishful Pinking.
- Allow nails to dry and moisturize as above.
According to Tom, “Jennifer and I were inspired by finding the perfect pink nail polish. We wanted a fresh, clean shade with a soft peach undertone,” which paired well with her beaded champagne Versace dress.
- Start by buffing and filing the nails to a shorter, square shape.
- Apply one coat of L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Nail Polish in Walk on the Beach.
- Let dry, and then add one coat of Colour Riche Nail Polish in Sweet Nothings “for a slightly translucent, fine porcelain look.”
All three women, Heidi Klum, Jennifer Aniston and Julianne Moore had L’Oréal Paris Age Perfect Glow Renewal Facial Oil used as a finishing touch following each manicure. Having sampled the skin care, it is an amazing beauty buy with a variety of different uses; on the nails, prep before makeup or an additional moisturizer, among other things. The beauty product was repeatedly used before many starlets sauntered down the Oscars 2015 red carpet.