For over 30 years, Day-Lee Foods from Santa Fe Springs, CA has brought a great line of frozen Asian foods to the consumer. Crazy Cuizine is one product line that you may have seen before. If you are a member of Costco, you have seen them in the coupon book with their Mandarin Orange Chicken and Teriyaki Chicken products. Crazy Cuizine products are great because:
- • More meat and less breading – 70% meat and 30% breading. Even Chinese fast food restaurants use so much breading and batter, you can barely find substantial meat inside.
- • More meat and less sauce – The package is 2/3 meat and 1/3 sauce. Even with 1/3 sauce, there is plenty to cover any added ingredients like vegetables or rice.
- • Quality ingredients – tender meats and great flavors. They use chicken breast meat cut into larger pieces. The pieces are almost twice the size of what you would get in a restaurant.
Sweet-Chili Chicken is big pieces of battered chicken breast chicken in sweet-chili sauce. Reminiscent of sweet-chili sauce that you would dip a lumpia in, the sauce works perfectly with the lightly battered chicken. The chili adds a minor kick, but it adds more in flavor than heat. Here’s a recipe to try:
Stir Crazy Sweet-Chili Chicken by OC Food Diva
- 1 – 20 oz. package of Crazy Cuizine Sweet-Chili Chicken
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 zucchini
- 4 strips of bacon
- Sticky rice (optional)
- In a bowl, fill with hot water. Put sauce packet into hot water and set aside.
- Cut zucchini and yellow squash in half length-wise and then chop into bite-size half circles. Set aside.
- Chop bacon strips into bite-size pieces. Fry in pan on medium heat until crispy. Drain on paper towel and set aside.
- With leftover bacon drippings in pan, reheat the battered chicken on medium heat for 9 minutes. Turn over pieces and fry for another 9 minutes until crisp and golden. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add cut zucchini and squash to pan and stir-fry on medium heat for 5-7 minutes until slightly softened. Remove from heat and drain vegetables in a colander to remove excess liquid.
- In a large bowl, combine bacon, chicken, vegetables, and sauce. Toss to evenly coat all ingredients. Serve immediately by itself or atop sticky rice.
Be creative and have fun making your own onolicious family meals with Crazy Cuizine!
For more information:
Find more recipes from Crazy Cuizine
Like them on Facebook
Follow them on Twitter