The 2015 Progressive® Insurance Minneapolis Boat Show® drops anchor at the Minneapolis Convention Center January 22 – January 25 for four days of summer fun, giving boaters the chance to shop, compare and find competitive deals on everything from luxury motor yachts and sport fishers to performance boats, sailboats, and thousands of marine accessories. Those not in the market for a new boat can experience a dose of the boating lifestyle with fun for all ages and a chance to sharpen nautical know-how. Highlights of the 2015 boat show include:
- NEW! Wings Financial Credit Union Island Experience features a beach/marina environment complete with real sand, boats at the dock, live boating music from Jambo Joe Bones and food from Seven Sushi & Steakhouse, plus a real pirate ship for kids.
- NEW! A tow boat made entirely out of ice! The show’s frostiest addition, the Ice Sculpture Tow Boat from Minnesota Ice Sculptures,will be carving a snowy wake in front of the Minneapolis Convention Center throughout the show’s run. Measuring approximately 17’ x 8.5’ x 5’, it features 20,000 pounds of ice—that’s 10 tons. Show visitors are invited to stop by and snap a photo with the sculpture. Sponsored by Malibu Boats
- Anchors & Ales, a craft beer sampling event, takes place Friday night, January 23 at 5pm. Attendees who purchase an Anchors & Ales ticket to the show can pick up a limited edition tasting glass and tokens, along with a brochure and map with details about the participating breweries, and enjoy a variety of craft brews while shopping the boat show. Purchase special tickets in advance online.
- NEW! Power Squadron Boating Simulator. Visit this new interactive display in Lobby E and experience what it’s like to maneuver a boat on a lake across four “miles.” The Boating Skills Virtual Trainer (BSVT) is the industry’s premier interactive simulation-based boating safety program.
- Get on the water indoors at Paddlefest. Attendees 10 years of age or older can try out kayaks and Stand Up Paddleboarding (SUP) in a pool inside the Convention Center, and new for 2015, SUP yoga demonstrations. Changing rooms and wetsuits are available, and knowledgeable staff will be on hand to offer instruction and product information.
- Improve nautical know-how through a variety of daily, free seminars. Novice boaters can learn everything needed to get started in boating at the Welcome to the Water Center; sailors of all experience levels can get their fix at the popular SailFest Seminar Series; and do-it-yourselfers and current boat owners can learn valuable techniques for fixing, repairing and maintaining their boat at Fred’s Shed Interactive Learning Center.
- Step back in time to admire the beauty and craftsmanship of vintage craft at the Antique Boat & Classic Boat Display, presented by the Bob Speltz Land-O-Lakes chapter of the Antique and Classic Boat Society.
Thursday, January 22, 2pm–9pm
Friday, January 23, 12pm–10pm
Saturday, January 24, 10am–9pm
Sunday, January 25, 10am–5pm
Minneapolis Convention Center
1301 Second Avenue South, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Tickets can be purchased in advance at www.MinneapolisBoatShow.com or onsite the day of the show. Cost for tickets:
Adults (16 and older): $12.00
Youth (15 and under): FREE with paid adult
Active Military: FREE – Present military ID at the box office onsite
Senior Day, Thursday, January 30, 62+ $9.00