Day It Rained Hearts by Felicia Bond
If you are looking for a sweet Valentine book for a child, from 3 to 5, Day It Rained Hearts by Felicia Bond is a wonderful find.
Originally published in 1983 as Four Valentines in a Rainstorm, it remains the same wonderful story except for a new cover.
Little Cornelia is walking along when it starts raining hearts. Little ones will enjoy watching the unusual downpour as Cornelia catches her hearts and decides what to do with them. She collects them in her hand and takes them home to make valentines. Like snowflakes, each heart is different, so she is able to make unique cards for each of her unique friends. Your children will enjoy the happiness the valentines bring to Rabbit, Turtle, Mouse, and Dog. The watercolor-and-ink illustrations are centered in each snowy page giving a sweet lovely feeling.
Sweet and charming today as it was almost twenty years ago. Her simple and gentle text, kept to a minimum, makes it a perfect beginning holiday book. In picture book format the actual story is told through engaging, thoughtful and expressive artwork, as Cornelius Augusta plans and constructs the perfect Valentine for each of four special friends.
Your preschooler will enjoy the process of Little Cornelia creating each unique card, and guessing which friend will be receiving it. With a Valentine sticker page at the end to help your little ones get started on their own special Valentine cards, The Day It Rained Hearts is an endearing holiday book that shouldn’t be missed.
**** Four star book.
· Felicia Bond was the illustrator for the If You Give…written by Laura Numeroff for more information see: Happy Valentine’s Day Mouse by Laura Numeroff http://zoomdune.com/article/happy-valentine-s-day-mouse-by-laura-numeroff
-Learning at home by Rhonda Cratty is a parent resource, filled with ideas to help children become the best they can be. Daily activities for family fun, that make subjects become more than pencil and paper, moving learning into everyday life. Learning at home can be purchased in print or eBook form through http://www.amazon.com/dp/1494917203
More Valentine family fun:
· For ice cream treats visit this link: Teaching your child to follow directions is a life time 101 skill
· For card game visit this link: Valentine card game 101 teaches children to follow instructions
· For card craft visit this link: Children can have authentic opportunity to follow directions 101
· Happy Valentine’s Day Mouse by Laura Numeroff http://zoomdune.com/article/happy-valentine-s-day-mouse-by-laura-numeroff
· Pete the Cat Valentine’s Day Is Cool by James Dean
· Happy Valentine’s Day, Curious George by N. Di Angelo