Winter is upon us and so to is dry, flaky, dull skin coupled with those nasty colds and flu…. If, like me, you too find yourself looking into home-remedies to cure what ails ya- then look no further! My body scrub, bath oil and massage oil recipes will not only sooth your dry, dull Winter skin-but will also aid in recovery, or better, help to prevent getting sick to begin with.
I was turned on to Young Living Essential Oils by a family member recently ( Thank you, Tanya!) and it was everything she said it would be and more! I’m writing about these essential oils because I’ve used them, LOVE them and therefore can recommend them. However, there are many lines of essential oils and you can apply them to any of the recipes I’ve shared here with you today.
I also recommend Organic ingredients- but as we all know they are expensive. Non-Organic products work well too- So don’t hesitate to use them!
1) 2 cups organic sugar ( I like sugar over salt due to the fact it’s less of an irritant to ones skin after shaving and seems to dissipate well during the scrubbing process.)
2) 1/4 cup Raw Organic Honey (Honey is GREAT for your skin-It has antibacterial properties and works well for pore clarification. It’s also a natural humectant which aids in moisture retention in your skin)
3) 8-10 drops (More or less depending upon the intensity you seek) of pure essential oil (Suggestions being Lavender, Citrus, Frankincense.. Or, for an immunity booster- Thieves, by Young Living Essential oils)
4) Organic body wash of your choice- I elected not to add an amount because the thickness of scrubs varies for us all… I like mine REALLY thick, so I add a rather small amount of soap to my scrubs. Mix well and apply while taking shower or bath.
1) 10 drops (Again, more or less depending upon the intensity you seek) Thieves and/or Melaleuca Alternifolia (AKA Tea Tree Oil) to your bath water…
2) 2 spoonfuls of Organic Grapeseed Oil ( Not only is this a light oil that will soften your skin by locking in moisture- but it’s also an Anti-Inflammatory and contains antioxidants that fight free radicals as well.)
3) Light your candles, dim your lights and relax…
Lets face it. There is nothing better than a massage when you are sick…. Especially with the aches one can have with a really bad flu bug…
Also, I suggest using this after your scrub- it adds even more softness to your skin and a beautiful glow.
This is much like that of the bath oil- but you can use coconut oil instead of Grapeseed oil, if you prefer.
1) 1 cup Organic Grapeseed Oil ( More or less depending upon the batch size…)
2) 5-10 drops of Thieves, Tea tree, Panaway, or what have you!
3) Warm and apply…