Go Daddy has developed an industry leading presence on successful use of the Internet. In a recent Greater Phoenix SCORE (www.scorephoenix.org) article Go Daddy small business consultant and free-lance pop culture writer Erik Wong writes about driving traffic to a website.
“It’s no longer a secret that having an effective on-line presence can help you reach and maintain a growing customer base,” he writes. “What are the habits of highly effective websites and how do you know what methods drive traffic to your site. Take the guesswork out of what it takes to build an effective website.”
Wong offers some sounds advice on website traffic:
· Keep it simple. Wong correctly notes a website should not contain unnecessary pages while pages it does contain should be clearly labeled and visible.
· Strong, meaningful headlines convey information quickly to viewers so they know what they are looking at right off the bat.
· Calls to action give a website punch. Ask your viewers at least once or twice to verify that they know what your business does and ask them to call today, click here for an appointment or subscribe to your newsletter. Wong writes calls to action boost site interactivity and get you in touch with more people.
· On the about us page share your passion for your business, share why you are in business and add personalized videos.
· Put in some testimonials because these positive endorsements give your business greater credibility. Ask customers for positive feedback. Go to Yelp to gather reviews. Ask permission to share contents on your website.
· Put in information on awards received, extra education and professional designations. This type of information helps improve your brand.
· Why not show complete faith in your business by offering a price match guarantee, offer a warranty or outline a return policy.
· One of Wong’s best suggestions is to start an email list so customers know about news regarding the company, hear about special deals or make groundbreaking developments. You now have a vehicle to send a newsletter, a tip sheet, send a business guide or send samples of coupons. These steps engage readers.
· Get on social media like Facebook and Twitter where people spend their free time. When someone likes your business page or shares your status, this is free advertising which is already targeted to friends of people you do business with.
· Offer something unique like a new customer deal, a sale of the week, a unique recipe or a referral service.