If you have ever been on a cruise, the dining choices are endless from culinary artistry to buffets. One way to enjoy without setting sail is aboard the Queen Mary in Long Beach, CA. The Champagne Sunday Brunch is held every Sunday in the Grand Salon. Full of elegance and spirit, you can close your eyes and imagine guests of yester year wearing their most formal attire, wine glasses clinking, and amazingly elegant dishes they might have served. As you open your eyes, the voices of other brunchers bounce off the walls of the Grand Salon and the aroma of food begins to tantalize your senses.
An attentive server will be around to offer you orange juice and champagne. Mix them together to make your own mimosa. Here is a listing of what you may see while you are perusing the buffet:
- Carving Station: Prime rib with au jus, carved spiral cut honey baked ham, turkey with gravy
- Pacific Rim: Hot and sour soup, sesame chicken, Mongolian beef, yakisoba, Asian style ribs, California rolls, spicy tuna rolls, shanghai chicken salad, sunimono
- Under the Tuscan Sun: Italian wedding soup, gnocchi with sage and brown butter, tortellini carbonara, rigatoni and rapini with hot and sweet sausage, chicken piccata, Caesar salad, caprese salad, antipasto salad with grilled veggies, rustic bread with flavored oils
- South of the Border: Chicken tortilla soup, chile rellenos, chile verde, chile Colorado, Mexican rice, black beans, huevos rancheros, carne asada and carnitas street tacos, corn and flour tortillas
- Rise n Shine: Eggs benedict, bacon, sausage links, chicken jalapeno andouille, bangers, scrambled eggs, country potatoes, homemade corned beef hash, danishes, croissants, breads, pancakes, waffles, blintzes
- Omelet Station: Omelet and eggs prepared to order
- Market Salad Station: Domestic and imported artisan cheese, imported tuna nicoise salad, frisse with roasted beets and goat cheese, chef crafted cobb salad, spinach salad with cranberries and almonds, seasonal sliced fruit and berries, vanilla scented yogurt, homemade granola, cottage cheese
- Ocean Bounty: Crab claws, poached cocktail shrimp, ceviche shooters, seared ahi, smoked salmon, whole poached salmon serpentine, fresh shucked oysters
- Patisserie: Mini filled cupcakes, petite éclairs, white chocolate and mocha cake, California fruit tarts, chocolate raspberry towers, crepes suzettes made to order, mini cookies, macaroons, sundae bar with various toppings
The presentation of the food is immaculate and reminiscent of what you would see on a cruise ship. Ice carving tower displays cold seafood. Smoked salmon is perfectly sliced and arranged on a glass serving platter like artwork. Salmon Serpentine is poached whole and presented with head on as if at a royal feast. Tiered platters displaying perfect seared ahi tuna crusted in black sesame seeds along with Asian infused dishes.
The Queen Mary’s horn is blowing. All board for a special and historic dining experience at the Champagne Sunday Brunch!
Atmosphere: 5 out of 5 stars
Service: 5 out of 5 stars
Décor: 5 out of 5 stars
Food: 5 out of 5 stars
For more information:
Champagne Sunday Brunch at the Queen Mary
1126 Queen Hwy
Long Beach, CA 90802
Book a table (highly recommended)
Hours: Sunday from 9:30am to 2pm