Seniors have you ever woke one day and ask yourself why do I feel old. I know I have and Here are some things that can help to make you feel young again. Remember when you a kid you had all the energy and time in the world. Well at least that is what you believed back then. The reason you felt that way was your life was carefree and the only responsibility was school work and chores at home. Your friends would make you laugh at the most silliest things, but as you aged, and became a proper adult those things went by the way side. Instead of feeling old, feel younger it may just help you live longer.
Sometimes seniors when you look in the mirror you may see your mom or dad looking back at you. Why is this so. It is because as we get older we do have a tendency to look like one or both of our parents. You can feel younger and have more energy, it is all up to you, and sometimes just little things will bring that feeling of when your were in your teens or twenties. As we age we have a way of letting our life run us and that makes us feel old and tired. Take a day and do something you would have done when you were younger, even if it just putting on a song and singing and dancing to it like you did in your room when you were a teenager. That younger person is still there, they are just pushed down by the responsible adult that takes care of things on a daily basis.
Here are few things you can do to feel younger:
- Compliment yourself.
- Mentor younger professionals in your profession.
- Wander through a garden and take in the scenery.
- Take a relaxing bubble bath/ you deserve it.
- Drink a specialty coffee and take in the flavor.
- Visit the zoo and remember how you loved looking at the animals when you were a kid.
- Doing something for yourself. Don’t feel bad about it, there was a time when you did something for yourself.
- Watch Youtube videos that make you laugh, or spend time with the old friends that had you laughing at the silliest things. Laughter can make you feel wonderful and the more silly the video or the friend, the more younger it can make you feel.
- Get that haircut you always wanted, so what if the younger crowd is wearing it, try it. You hair does grow back.
- Leave your sweetheart/spouse a heartwarming message like you use to. You never know what could happen.
Sometimes you have to stop letting your life run you and run your own life and that includes doing things you did when you were younger. Being eccentric is not bad, just trying to stay young and enjoy life, like when you had all the time in the world. We all want to stop the aging process by looking younger why not start by feeling younger. It just takes a minute to remember what made you laugh and why you stopped doing somethings. Come on baby boomer generation, we were the hippies and loved life and lived it, so why not love it again and live it and feel younger.