Bass Pro Shop is once again hosting their Santa’s Wonderland for kids. The wonderland area is set up in their Harrisburg store near the parking lot entrance (back by the giant fish aquarium). New this year are backpack clips – a new one to collect each week! Parents please note that the clips are only available to the first 125 kids each week.
The ornament craft and the backpack clips change each week, although they don’t change on the same days. The woodland creature backpack clips are only available Monday through Friday between 5-7 p.m. (the weekday craft hours). On weekends the craft hours change to noon until 5 pm.
• November 24-30: The ornament craft is color a plaster ornament.
• November 24-28: The backpack clip is a 3D moose figure.
• December 1-7: The ornament craft is to decorate a foam bird ornament.
• December 1-5: This week’s backpack clip is a 3D owl.
• December 8-14: The ornament craft this week is to make a Santa ornament out of a bobber.
• December 8-12: The backpack clip will be a 3D reindeer.
• December 15-21: Kids will create and decorate a stick soldier ornament.
• December 15-19: On this week enjoy a backpack clip of a skunk in 3D.
• December 22-24: Watch that your kids don’t eat it- the ornament craft is decorating an iced cookie!
• December 22-24: The final backpack clip is a 3D fox.
In addition to the crafts and the collectors clips, there are many other things to do. Parents, don’t forget that a 4X6 studio quality photo of your child with Santa is available in store. Additional photo sizes, photo packages, and frames are available for purchase, just ask the elves at the the store. Photos with Santa are available November from 3-8 pm on weekdays, 10 am-8 pm Saturdays, and noon until 8 on Sundays. The exception is Thanksgiving and Black Friday. Photos will be available 10-5 on turkey day and 10-8 on Friday. In December the hours increase to 10 am – 8 pm Monday through Saturday, and 10 am until 5 pm on Sundays. The Bass Pass is once again available – simply sign up in store when you arrive so that you can shop and then return to the line 15 minutes before your scheduled time to pop right in and get that shot of your sweetie telling Santa their heart’s desire.
Kids may write a letter to Santa and drop it off in Santa’s mailbox. Games and toys to try out (parents, you know you need to do it just once to show the kids how it’s done!) include remote control trucks, the toy rifle, crossbow, the electronic fishing rod, and coloring. The games and activities are set up in the store, no store personnel are in charge of them, you just walk up and play as you like. Some of the more fun toys sometimes get a line going but never any lines that are too long. They even have fake fireplaces that make for nice picture backdrops if you’ve got your cell phone or camera with you! Moms and dads, there are plenty of non-hunting/fishing related Christmas items for sale in this area so don’t think you can’t shop if you don’t have a sportsman on your list.
Bass Pro Shop is located in the Harrisburg Mall at 3501 Paxton Street in Harrsiburg. For additional information please call (717) 565-5200.
Enjoy this article? Receive email alerts when new Harrisburg Frugal Family articles are available. Just click on the “Subscribe” button above. Follow your Harrisburg Frugal Family Examiner onFacebook , Pinterest, MySpace, StumbleUpon, LinkedIn, and Twitter.