Celebrating Christmas and New Year’s Eve in Georgetown at the Capella Hotel is Washington’s new tradition.
Set on the historic C&O Canal, this intimate hotel is perfect for a family holiday in the city.
Introducing new Christmas programming and a New Year’s Eve extravaganza that will leave D.C. talking all winter, the Capella has packaged the holidays in style: Gingerbread decorating, Christmas movies on the rooftop, and a special reading of “The Night Before Christmas” in the Capella Living Room with cookies and milk are perfect family fun. Dinner at the Capella Grill Room tops off your experience. Starting on Dec. 6th, here’s the plan:
A Capella Christmas
Guests who book the “Twas the Night Before Christmas” Package and/or the “Christmas Eve Capella Living Room” special can also indulge in Capella’s multiple Christmas activities:
• “Twas the Night Before Christmas” Package – available Dec. 6 through Christmas Day on the 25th.
o One night stay in a beautiful room or suite accommodation of your choice with views of the C&O Canal and historical Georgetown
o Christmas welcome cocktail, also known as the “Rye Ginger Totty”
Come for Christmas and enjoy Dinner or Christmas Day Brunch in Capella’s signature restaurant, The Grill Room. Holiday stockings will hang throughout the hotel on Christmas morning, commencing with a gift opening ceremony in the Capella Living Room. A personal gift for each guest, plus five lucky guests will receive special prizes on behalf of Capella Washington, D.C. and sister properties, Rates start at $645 per person.
Starting Dc. 6, holiday programs included gathering on the hotel roof for a reading of the Night Before Christmas while enjoying milk & cookies and boozy hot chocolate for Mom and Dad. Kids can take away “reindeer food” to make sure Santa and his helpers get to enjoy a treat as well. All in-house guests will receive a stocking on their door that has small gifts and holiday treats.
Also included in these packages are arrays of activities that can be hand-tailored by Capella’s Personal Assistants:
• Saturday, December 6: Guests can enjoy an array of Christmas cookies, hot chocolate and Rye Ginger Toddy’s that will be passed around in the Capella Living Room while listening to Christmas carolers and watching a Christmas tree lighting ceremony.
• Saturday, December 13: Children will be occupied for hours while they decorate their own gingerbread cookies in Capella’s Living Room.
• Saturday, December 20: Families can enjoy Christmas movies and cookies & milk on the rooftop in a heated tented lounge all day.
• Wednesday, December 24: Capella didn’t forget about your Christmas stockings, so each guest will have their own personal stocking hung outsider of their door on Christmas Eve.
• Thursday, December 25: On Christmas Day morning, guests are invited for a Christmas gift opening ceremony in the Capella Living Room- each guest reservation includes one personal gift. Five lucky guests will receive special prizes on behalf of Capella Washington, D.C. and their sister properties.
A New Year To Remember
Ring in the new year with a delectable four-course meal and a celebration in the Rooftop Taittinger Champange Lounge, replete with live music, dancing and a selection of champagne that will have you toasting over and over again.
Then a four-course dinner in the Grill Room, the menu includes a fresh take on traditions: Heritage turkey carved at your table, or baked salmon Wellington. Vegetarians can feast on Carnaroli risotto with roasted pumpkin and kale. For dessert, an old favorite appears: individual baked Alaska.
Priced at $350 per person, tax and gratuity additional.
For more information on Capella’s holiday offerings please visit www.capellawashingtondc.com or to see what is being offered at The Grill Room and The Rye Bar visit http://www.thegrillroomdc.com/.
Checking in at the Capella, guests instantly are swept up with festive welcomes. Personal Assistants who are available around-the-clock take requests and make spa appointments. Inside, guests can enjoy creative, seasonal menus at The Grill Room which has outdoor seating available with stunning picturesque views of the capital city. The Rye Bar offers a personally curated collection of rare rye whiskeys, carefully composed cocktails and a specialty menu of innovative bar fare. The hotel’s wrap-around rooftop pool and bar boasts some of the best sights in the D.C. area with sweeping views of the Potomac River, the Washington Monument, Kennedy Center, Roosevelt Island, and the Spires of Georgetown University.
From ice skating riverside at Georgetown Harbour to shopping at big-name boutiques, Capella D.C. provides a top-tier retreat for the discerning world traveler, positioning guests between the center of culture, shopping, dining, and the headquarters of international policy and finance.