The 2015 Girl Scout cookie sale is gearing up and runs through March 1, 2015. Do you have a favorite variety of Girl Scout cookie that you look forward to each year? Do you know the nutritional values of your favorite Girl Scout cookies?
Girls Scout cookies are made by two different bakery companies: ABC smart cookies and Little Brownie Bakers. The selection of cookies available in your area can differ from other areas based on which bakery is used; as well, the prices will vary depending on location.
Seven delicious recipes that call for Girl Scout cookies as an ingredient
Here is the list of 2015 Girl Scout cookies with links to their nutritional values beyond calorie count:
- Thin Mints Vegan (thin chocolate-peppermint cookie coated in chocolate) – 32 cookies* serving size: 4 cookies, 160 calories
- Samoas®- Caramel deLites™(vanilla cookies covered with caramel on top and bottom then rolled in coconut and striped with chocolate) – 15 cookies* serving size: 2 cookies, 130 calories
- Tagalongs® – Peanut Butter Patties® Vegan (Regular cookie with soft Peanut Butter and coated with chocolate) – 15 cookies* serving size: 2 cookies, 130 calories
- Trefoils – a.k.a. Shortbread- (a shortbread cookie) – 44 cookies* serving size: 4 cookies, 120.
- Do-Si-Dos™ – Peanut Butter Sandwiches– (peanut butter cookie with peanut butter filling) – 20 cookies* serving size: 3 cookies, 160 calories
- Cranberry Citrus Crisps 9g whole grain (Crispy cookie, made with whole grain, full of tangy cranberry bits and zesty citrus flavor) 20 cookies* serving size: 4 cookies, 150 calories
- Lemonades™ Vegan (shortbread cookie with a tangy lemon icing) – 16 cookies* serving size: 2 cookies, 150 calories
- Rah Rah Raisins™ – (Hearty oatmeal cookies with plump raisins and Greek yogurt-flavored chunks.) 14 cookies* serving size: 2 cookies, 120 calories
- Thanks-A-Lot™ Vegan (Shortbread cookies dipped in rich fudge and topped with an embossed thank you message in one of 5 languages) – 16 cookies* serving size: 2 cookies, 150 calories
- Toffee-tastic™ (Rich, buttery cookies packed with golden toffee bits bursting with flavor) 14 cookies* serving size: 2 cookies, 140 calories
- Trios– Gluten free (Chocolate chips nestled in a gluten free peanut butter oatmeal cookie) 12 cookies* serving size: 3 cookies, 170 calories
Find Girl Scout cookies in your area: click here and enter your zip code.
* All cookie counts are approximate.
**Remember not all cookies are available is all areas.
In Raleigh, Girl Scout cookies are from the Girl Scouts of North Carolina Coastal Pines which uses the abc bakery.