There is nothing that says love like handmade gifts. If you or someone you love would like the treatment of a day spa but don’t have a large budget, try out this healthy food recipe for a homemade eye mask.
And if you want more ideas to make an entire day of it, see an additional Top Ten Suggestions at the end of the Papaya Day Spa Mask recipe. Create new traditions for you and the special people in your life. This is also makes a great romantic date idea!
Ingredients for a Gentle Papaya Day Spa Mask:
- ½ fresh, overly ripe papaya
- 3 Tablespoons raw sugar
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- Humidifier or large pot of boiling water
1. Plug in humidifier or place pot of water on the stove to boil.
2. Wash face thoroughly, pat dry, do not moisturize.
3. While water / stem heats up, prepare the mask:
- Mash papaya in the bowl
- Stir in sugar and mix well
- Add oil and mix all ingredients together
4. CAREFULLY warm your facial skin with humidifier steam – or – turn boiling pot down and CAREFULLY place your face over pot, with a towel over your head to capture the steam.
5. Heat/steam should be at a comfortable temperature on the skin.
6. Steam for 6-10 minutes.
7. Apply the papaya paste generously to the face, avoiding the eye area.
8. Allow 7 – 12 minutes of relaxation time, preferable in a lying position.
9. Wash face, pat dry, and moisturize for a natural spa radiance.
Check out my Top-10 holiday suggestions to show some Natural, Sugar-Free Love this year!
Creamy Cocoa Facial Mask
Coffee body scrub
Pumpkin Hair Conditioner
Brown Sugar Pecan Scrub
Sweet Potato Eye Mask
Berry Cream Mask
Creamy Avocado Hair Treatment
TIP: Start the morning off with homemade healthy blueberry pancakes, and serve sugar free pumpkin or apple cookies (all three recipes are provided below) later in the day while you relax.
- Healthy Pancakes Made with Love
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Natural (sugar free) apple cookies
For ideas on where to shop for local or organic ingredients, please click on any of the links below:
• Boise Co-Op
• Whole Foods Market
• Brown Box Organics
• Idaho Organic Store Locator
From my home to yours: another favorite recipe – enjoyed with nutrition in mind.