This homemade day spa treat is the perfect gift for pampering after a long day, or at the end of a long week. It also makes for a thoughtful idea on any special holiday or occasion. Not to mention, this is a fabulous date night idea!
This recipe infuses all-natural, organic ingredients that gently moisturize your skin, while soothing and relaxing all your other senses. The combination of essential oils with lavender, mint, and bergamot petals is heavenly. And, making the Herbal Foot Soak is incredibly easy!
About this recipe:
What we put into our bodies is as important as what we put on them. When making your own spa treatments or beauty products, you eliminate any unwanted chemicals or fragrances in your final product. You can also choose organic, local products to support the economy.
Follow these steps, and don’t forget to check out my other recipes and day spa ideas at the end of the Herbal Foot Soak recipe. Happy relaxing!
Ingredients for making an Herbal Foot Soak:
- 1 ½ – 2 cups Epsom salts (I prefer Lavender)
- 2 drops eucalyptus essential oil
- 2 drops rosemary essential oil
- 6 drops mint essential oil
- 8 drops lavender essential oil
- 1 ½ tsp dried comfrey root powder
- 1 ½ tsp dried mint leaves
- 1 ½ tsp dried lavender
- ½ tsp dried bergamot petals
Directions for making an Herbal Foot Soak:
- Using a quart sized Mason (canning) jar, fill it half full with Epsom salts.
- Add all essential oils to the salts. Securely place the lid on the jar. Shake until mixed thoroughly.
- Remove the lid. Add the remaining dry ingredients. Securely place the lid on the jar. Shake until mixed thoroughly.
- Top off the jar with more salts. Securely place the lid on the jar. Shake until mixed thoroughly.
For gifts: These look beautiful decorated with hemp or ribbon tied around the rims. You can cut a fabric cut into a circle and then tightened down with the rim. These also look nice adorned with handmade, printed labels.
Click on any of the following links for additional day spa or great gift giving ideas:
- Sweet Potato Eye Mask
- Berry Cream Mask
- Cool Cucumber Facial Peel
- Honey Glazed Coffee Scrub
- Coffee Body Scrub
- Gentle Papaya Facial Scrub
- Creamy Avocado Hair Treatment
Click on any of the following links to find local, organic products in your area:
• Boise Co-Op
• Whole Foods Market
• Brown Box Organics
• Idaho Organic Store Locator
From my home to yours: another favorite recipe – enjoyed with nutrition in mind.