Is your hair in need of some tender loving care? Maybe it’s naturally dry, or maybe the heat, chemicals, or laps in the swimming pool have finally taken their toll on your follicles? Try this natural, organic recipe to add luster and shine back to your locks. You’ll want this with you everywhere you go. Take it on any out of town excursion, throw a small bottle in the gym bag, and certainly keep one in the shower at all times.
This Rosy Hair Repair recipe combines ingredients mild enough to use daily. It also gently strips your hair follicle of unwanted build-up, while moisturizing at the same time. You won’t want to live without it!
Information about this recipe:
What we put into our bodies is as important as what we put on them. When making your own spa treatments or beauty products, you eliminate any unwanted chemicals or fragrances in your final product. You can also choose organic, local products to support the economy.
A few things about the benefits of these natural ingredients:
Coconut water is best known for its hydrating properties. Couple this with the apple cider vinegar to break down build up on the hair, and this hair repair proves to be a gentle yet effective product. The honey not only promotes shine, but acts as a hydrating humectant, adding additional moisture. And most importantly, the essential oils add luster and shine back to the hair. I have selected the Rosemary / Teatree (or mint) combinations as they help to soothe an itchy, dry scalp / and can minimize any dandruff or dry areas.
Ingredients for making Rosy Hair Repair:
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 ½ tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 drops peppermint or Teatree oil
- 3 drops Rosemary oil
Directions for making Rosy Hair Repair:
- In a medium size sauce pan, bring the coconut water to a boil and remove from heat.
- Add the honey and stir to dissolve.
- Add the vinegar and mix well.
- Allow to cool, then add the oils.
- Store in individual bottles or containers: airtight are recommended.
CAUTION: Avoid using glass containers. They may break in shower or tubs.
- Use in the shower after cleansing the hair with shampoo.
- Spray a generous amount into the hair and scalp.
- Massage into the scalp, and work through the hair for 1-2 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly.
IMPORTANT: As with any treatment – PRIOR TO FULL APPLICATION – always do a strand test on an inconspicuous area to determine how your hair will respond.
If you enjoyed this idea, then CHECK OUT my Top-10 DIY suggestions on how to show some Natural, Sugar-Free Love this year!
- Gentle Papaya Facial Scrub
- Creamy Avocado Hair Treatment
- Brown Sugar Pecan Scrub
- Sweet Potato Eye Mask
- Berry Cream Mask
- Cool Cucumber Facial Peel
- Honey Glazed Coffee Scrub
- Round Sugar Scrubs
- Pumpkin Hair Conditioner
- Cinnamon Apple Body Scrub
For ideas on where to shop for local or organic ingredients, please click on any of the links below:
• Boise Co-Op
• Whole Foods Market
• Brown Box Organics
• Idaho Organic Store Locator
From my home to yours: another favorite recipe – enjoyed with nutrition in mind.