Gluten-free flour, oatmeal, real fresh ginger, and almond milk mixed and baked together makes a delicious 100 calorie treat to enjoy anytime of the day. Maynor’s best oatmeal ginger cookies are made with the freshest ingredients and sweetened with Zulka Morena sugar.
Zulka Morena sugar is now one of the most popular all-natural sweeteners to popular celebrity chefs, home cooks, and food retailers nationwide. What’s unique about Maynor’s best oatmeal ginger treats is each cookie contains a boost of natural energy and seven grams of protein per serving.
1 cup of oatmeal
1 1/2 cups of gluten-free flour sifted (King Arthur’s or Bob’s Red Mill brand)
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon of salt
1/2 cup of Zulka Morena Sugar
2 tablespoons of fresh ground nutmeg
1 tablespoon of cinnamon
1 cup of almond milk
1 teaspoon of vanilla beans
3/4 cup of safflower oil
1/2 cup of white all-natural honey
1/2 cup of freshly chopped caramelized ginger
– Sauté ingredients (1 teaspoon of brown sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of sesame oil).
1. Wash and peel ginger.
2. Cut ginger into even slices and mince.
3. Use a small sauce pan and add one tablespoon of sesame oil with one tablespoon of brown sugar on low heat.
4. Toss ginger into the pan and sauté until the ginger begins to caramelize evenly.
5. Remove ginger from heat surface and cool contents inside a small Tupperware dish.
6. Place container in a refrigerator and allow contents to rest overnight.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Mix and sift gluten-free flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda together in a large mixing bowl.
2. Crack one egg into the bowl and pour in safflower oil.
3. Mix ingredients with a wooden spoon for one minute.
4. Add almond milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, and honey.
5. Mix all ingredients for one minute and stir in the vanilla beans and caramelized ginger.
6. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and use a ladle to create even cookie shapes about one to two inches apart.
7. Place cookie sheet in the oven and bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Add raisins, almonds, or nuts to give the recipe a hearty taste.