Looking forward to the impending holiday season, well the team at SalonCapri has put together a few styles for any upcoming events you might be planning, from buns to headbands to hand-stitched styles, they have the perfect styles for all occasions.
How-to’s from Graziella Lembo, Senior Stylist at SalonCapri.
1. Brush hair up into a high, sleek ponytail.
2. Twist ponytail into a bun and secure with bobby pins.
3. Insert jeweled clip at crown of head into the bun or below bun in the back.
4. Set with Kerastase Double Force Controle Ultime hairspray for strong hold.
Twisted Holiday Pin-back
1. Take 1-inch sections of hair and curl with a 1 ½ inch barrel curling iron. Spray curls with Kérastase Laque Noire hairspray for strong hold.
2. Gather hair at the crown of head and lightly tease with a comb, then twist hair back and secure with bobby pins in back of head.
3. Gently brush through curls to loosen them up. Finish the look by spraying L’Oréal Professional Perfect Shimmer Shine Illuminating Mist for shine throughout.
1. Apply L’Oréal Professionel True Grip Texturizing Powder throughout hair for extra hold.
2. Brush hair back into a sleek, low ponytail and secure with an elastic.
3. Flip the bottom of the ponytail over the top where it was secured, and pin with bobby pins to create the bun. Set the look with Kérastase Laque Noire hairspray and L’Oréal Professional Perfect Shimmer Shine Illuminating Mist.
1. Curl hair with 1 ½ inch tapered curling iron and set curls with Kérastase Laque Noire hairspray.
2. Using a comb, part hair to the side and pull back into a low ponytail off to the side of the head. Leave a small section of hair out in the front.
3. Twist the ponytail up into a low, loose bun and secure with bobby pins.
4. Pin pack hair from the front that was left out to create a side-swept look.
5. Place headband in hair and set with Kérastase Laque Noire hairspray.
Hair stitching works best on hair with a bit of texture, Graziella recommends washing hair the day before your styling, or if you are working with squeaky clean strands, she uses a dry shampoo such as to add “next day hair” texture before styling. It keeps hair looking freshly washed and leaves no powder residue.
- Apply Kerastase K Line Powder Bluff for “2nd day” texture and heat protectant such as Kerastase’ Fibre Architect
- Curl hair in medium sized sections using a 1 to 1 ½ inch curling iron. Curl the entire and gently loosen cooled curls as you go.
- For added volume and hold, add a light spritz of Kerastase K Laque Couture, lifting up curls to get product near the roots.
- Making sure there’s no distinct part, grasp a handful of hair above the occipital bone, leaving another handful loose near the nape of your neck.
- Thread a hair stitching needle (a large plastic, blunt needle from any craft store will work) with linen or silk thread—use a thread that is the color of your hair or gold/silver if you want added sparkle!
- Begin sewing hair through the messy bun you have created. Sew in looping motions pulling each stitch tight as you go to secure strands.
- Add bobby-pins where desired to secure small pieces that get away. Finish with a 2nd coat of Kerastase Laque Couture
Other creative styles can be found at SalonCapri 11 Newbury St, Boston, MA 02116 Tel: 617-236-0020.