If you love chocolate, you’ll want to add this recipe for molton chocolate cake to your tasty treats box. Although the Christmas holidays are past, New Year’s Eve tastes that much better when you serve this winter dessert.
Because this is served in individual cups, this dark chocolate cake recipe fits into both the “desserts for a crowd” or “the desserts for two” slots. It looks elegant in individual dessert cups, adorned on each side by holiday baubles or pretty napkins.
This chocolate cake from scratch can be enhanced with a dollop of vanilla ice cream on top. Add some chocolate fudge, and you’ve got a dessert that is very much like a fancy brownie. Decadent. Sweet. Tasty.
Chocolate Gifts to Make
How to make chocolate roses
Easy brownie pizza
Recipe for chocolate covered pretzels
How to Make the Chocolate Molten Cake Recipe
- 1 c. canola oil
- 11 oz. dark chocolate
- 7 eggs
- 6 egg yolks
- ⅔ c. sugar, granulated
- 2 Tbsp light brown sugar
- ½ c. flour, all-purpose
- ½ c. almond flour
- ¼ c. mini chocolate chips (try chocolate mint for a different flavor)
- 1 c. vanilla ice cream per cake (optional)
- Add water to your double boiler (the bottom tier).
- Pour the dark chocolate and the oil into the top boiler pot.
- Allow the water to boil, and then turn the temperature down to low, stirring the chocolate mixture until it becomes smooth and gets thoroughly melted. This will take under 5 minutes.
- Get out a large mixing bowl, and whisk together the sugars and the eggs, including the yolks.
- Pour in the flours, whisking everything until the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Add in the mini chocolate chips, folding them into the batter.
- Preheat the over to 350 degrees.
- Treat 10 dessert cups or ramekins with oil and add 6 Tbsp of the cake batter to each dish. If you’re only making enough desserts for two, cover up the ramekins and store them in freezer for later use. (Don’t bake until they’ve become room temperature if you take this option.)
- Bake the mini homemade chocolate lava cakes into the oven for 10 minutes.
- Take them out of the oven and place directly onto the serving plates. Top with vanilla ice cream, hot fudge, and fruit.
Watch the video to learn how to make chocolate fudge!
For the next five days, starting on 12/31/14 running to 1/4/15, my cookbook 20 Quick & Easy Winter Soup and Stew Recipes Inspired by Stone Soup will be free on Kindle. This cookbook combines great recipes with 20 questions about Stone Soup, The Hobbit, and The Lord of the Rings (LOTR) for your book club plus an excerpt from a novel. Or borrow it for FREE anytime with a Kindle Unlimited membership.