Feeling some pain in your chest? This may be caused by the good bacteria that can be found in your intestines that are in charge of taking out the good stuff from the food that you eat. Too much food can also cause too much gas buildup and this might manifest through the pain that you feel in your chest. Do remember that while you may be tempted to just go on with the things that you have to do, it can be particularly hard to function when you are feeling pain in any part of your body.
Common symptoms of gas pains in chest are chest pain, stomach cramps, back pain, belching and stomach bloating. It can be pretty obvious that the main reason why gas pains in chest are experienced is because of the gas build up in the stomach area. Aside from the main reason mentioned earlier.
Here are other reasons for the gas in chest buildup:
• Consuming Food that are High in Fiber – While fiber is known to be good for the body because it can help people feel full, there are some people who find it hard to digest fiber because it has to be released from the body in bulk. The fact that it will stay in the body longer might cause gas that can then lead to feeling gas pains in chest.
• Food Intolerance – Some people just cannot take in certain type of food even if they like it. Food intolerance can cause gases to form.
• Digestive Problems – There are times when the gas buildup is caused by having certain types of digestive problems. For instance, having IBS or Irritable Bowel Syndrome can cause gas buildup to happen more often. If you know that this is the cause of your gas buildup, you may want to consult your doctor about this so that you can find the solution to your problem.
The things that are mentioned above are just some of the possible reasons for having gas buildup. There are still other causes that you have to know about.
Do remember that if the gas pains in chest that you are experiencing are not caused by other serious conditions, you can be sure that it will only last for a few hours or so. Still, this does not mean that you are not supposed to do some natural remedies to help you get rid of the gas pain that you are feeling. Here are just some of the things that can help you out.
1. During the whole event wherein you are experiencing pain because of excess gas, you would need to stop eating. There are some people who have the tendency to eat more when they are in pain because their mindset is they have to get rid of the food in their system. Instead of doing this, you may want to stop eating first. After some time, you may want to start eating in small portions until the gas is completely removed from your body.
2. Do some light exercises. For some people, this may seem like a hard task to do because moving while experiencing any sort of pain can be extremely hard to do. Remember that walking a bit can let the food move through the digestive tract faster than usual.
3. Abstain from drinking or smoking. Even if you feel the need to unwind whether by yourself or with friends, you would have to avoid drinking or smoking first because this might cause gases to build up in your system more and cause more pain in the chest.
Some Important Things about Chest Gas Pain You Should Remember
It is not enough that you already know the things that you should do when you are already experiencing pain.
Here are some things that you need to remember:
• Find a pattern with the food products that you eat if there are some food products that are causing you to have pain or to if there are some food products that are causing you to bloat. Once you have identified food products that do this, by all means, avoid them next time.
• If you are trying to include a lot of fiber in your diet, slowly introduce the new fiber rich foods instead of changing your whole diet in just one day. This will help your body adjust to the change better.
• Constantly hydrate yourself. If you have not realized this now, do remember that if you would constantly hydrate yourself, this will help you flush out the excess food in your system and this in turn can help reduce the amount of gas in your digestive tract.
With these things in mind, getting rid of gas pains in chest can be done easier.