How are you building your list now? Are you building a list? Email marketing is instrumental in communicating with your target audience. Are you actively trying to get into your potential clients’ inboxes? Or just hoping for the best?
As with everything else, building a solid foundation will save you time and money later, so putting some effort into your email marketing strategies will help you in the long run.
One of the top tools at your disposal, and the one most business owners miss, is SEO landing pages. Use those keywords you researched to develop compelling copy for a landing page that offers valuable information to the reader in exchange for a name and email address. It could be something as simple as a monthly newsletter that provides valuable industry information, or as comprehensive as a complete ecourse delivered in video format over several days.
The bottom line is that you have to give a little to get a little. Good, solid information that answers a burning question or solves a serious issue, whether written or in video or audio form, is a powerful incentive.
Once you have the email address information, make the most of it through a well-constructed email marketing campaign. Some elements of a good email marketing campaign include:
- Optimized headlines and content that entice the reader to open the email in the first place – GraGGGGrab their attention from the beginning.
- The personal tone that speaks directly to the reader – Give them the personal touch.
- Timed delivery of messages so as not to overwhelm your subscribers – If you are running a targeted campaign, a total of five messages is usually sufficient to promote sales conversion.
- Quality content that gives something to the reader in exchange for their time – Create a closer connection with your readers by giving them content with real value.
- Exclusive offers and incentives – Only available through email links.
- Useful links that work – Connect to landing pages.
- Follow up with targeted emails after the sale – Let your clients and/or customers know you are interested in how they like the product, and not just your sales numbers.
The key to successful email marketing and list building is staying in contact with your subscribers and always giving them something in return.
Pro tip: don’t “train” your mailing list to always expect freebies. Make it a habit to promote paid products right from the very beginning, otherwise you run the risk of readers being offended when, after a month or more of free content, they find themselves on a sales page.