Any lawyer can tell you: Never ask a question unless you know the answer. That admonition would have spared Louisiana Democrat Mary Landrieu a severe bout of foot-in-mouth disease on Day 1 of her runoff election for U.S. Senator against Republican challenger Bill Cassidy.
Posing for a photo op in front of the construction site front of a VA hospital in New Orleans that was destroyed during Hurricane Kartina, Landrieu asked:
When this hospital needed a champion to build and rebuild, literally out of the rubble of Katrina and Rita, … where was Bill?
In the video found here, Landrieu trumpets her own record, referring to herself in the third person, while damning Cassidy as “wishy-washy, unreliable, undependable, not sure who he is, not sure who he was, and not sure who he wants to be.”
It would have made for great optics and might have helped her in a runoff pundits are predicting she will lose if Cassidy hadn’t tweeted back an answer to her question:
Mary Landrieu wants to know where I was during Hurricane Katrina? Setting up a surge hospital for refugees. #LASEN http://t.co/YUVH0HKUc5
— Bill Cassidy (@BillCassidy) November 6, 2014
The link in his Twitter message is to an article in Money magazine which reveals that at the time of Katrina, he was a medical doctor working in Baton Rogue. After the storm hit, Cassidy took it upon himself to set up a makeshift emergency hospital in an abandoned K-Mart to administer first aid and care for victims.
Back to you, Sen. Landrieu. Next question?
(h/t Daily Caller)
- Video: Watch me debate Landrieu’s race-baiting comments on O’Reilly Factor
- Sen. Mary Landrieu insults constituents, angers Republicans with race remark (Video)
- Sen. Landrieu wrongfully charged taxpayers $33,000 in campaign expenses, paid back
- Does Sen. Mary Landrieu really live in her parents’ basement to meet La. residency requirement? (Video)
- How much did Sen. Mary Landrieu’s ‘staff retreats’ cost taxpayers?
- Mary Landrieu, who claims to support Keystone pipeline, heads up anti-energy PAC
- The Democrats’ loss of Senate control had to be because of racism (Video)
For more articles and headlines, be sure to check out Liberty Unyielding. Follow me on Twitter or join me at Facebook.