It’s indoor triathlon time – some race series are already underway, some are gearing up for 2015, and most many races have registration open. Let’s take a look at some of the upcoming indoor triathlons in Wisconsin.
As always, information is current as of publication date, but races and race information can change. Make sure to check on the race’s web and registration site for the most current information.
Pleasant Prairie RecPlex
Location: RecPlex, 9900 Terwall Terr., Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158
- Sunday, January 25, first wave at 7:30am
- Sunday, February 22, first wave at 7:30am
- Sunday, March 29, first wave at 7:30am
- Sunday, April 26 – Indoor/Outdoor Triathlon, first wave at 7:30am
- Sunday, November 22 – Turkey Triathlon (indoor), first wave at 7:30am
- Indoor Triathlon: 10 minute swim, 10 minute transition, 20 minute spin bike, 5 minute transition, 15 minute treadmill run
- Outdoor Triathlon: 400 meter pool swim, 4 mile spin bike, 2.3 mile outside run on paved path.
- Indoor Triathlon: The swim, bike, and run will each be worth 100 points. Male and female with the greatest distance in each event will be awarded 100 points. Other participants will be awarded points based on their distance compared to the winner’s distance. Final score is swim points + bike points + run points.
- Outdoor Triathlon: Scoring is by time to complete all 3 events.
- T-shirt and Goodie Bag
- Raffle prizes (must be present to win)
- Post-race refreshments
- Overall Male and Female winners
- Medals to all finishers
- Early Bird $35, Regular $40, Late Registration $45
- Indoor Triathlon – January 25, 2015: $35 through December 31, $40 January 1-19, $45 January 20-24
- Indoor Triathlon – February 22, 2015: $35 through January 31, $40 February 1-16, $45 February 17-21
- Indoor Triathlon – March 29, 2015: $35 through February 28, $40 March 1-23, $45 March 24-28
- Indoor/Outdoor Triathlon – April 26, 2015: $35 through March 31, $40 April 1-20, $45 April 21-25
- Indoor Triathlon – November 22, 2015: $35 through October 31, $40 November 1-16, $45 November 17-21
- Age Groups: 7-8, 9-10, 11-12, 13-15, 16-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-60, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80+
- Online registration available here.
- In-person registration at RecPlex Guest Services.
- Turkey Combo Championship – Best overall performance, male and female, at the Run with the Turkeys 5K on Saturday, November 21 and the Turkey Triathlon on Sunday, November 22.
For More Information: Website, contact info: email@example.com, 262-925-6742.
Coming Up Next:
- Kenosha YMCA Indoor Triathlons
- Pinnacle Health & Fitness Indoor Triathlons
- Fox Valley Regional YMCA Indoor Triathlon Series
- Wisconsin Tri’s – Winter Wonderland Triathlon 2015
If you would like to be notified when Coach Ken publishes an article, click “subscribe” on this page. You can also read his Fitness & Wellness Blog, follow him on Twitter, and find his Triathlon and Wellness pages on Facebook. Coach Ken is the Chicago Wellness Examiner, the Milwaukee Triathlon Examiner, and National Endurance Sports Examiner. Links to other Fitness and Wellness articles can be found on his Author page on Facebook.
Triathlon Coaches & Race Directors: e-mail me at least a month in advance with information on your classes, clinics, and events for possible inclusion in upcoming articles. Please include full contact information, including e-mail, website URLs, Facebook pages, Twitter handle, etc.