The New Year is here – it’s time to reflect on the past year and set goals for the future. Should we keep doing what we’re doing or tackle new challenges? Perhaps the goal is to improve and build on the knowledge we’ve already achieved – but where do you start?
The Rapides Parish Library can help you achieve academic and career success with the Learning Express Library. If one of your new challenges for 2015 is polishing up your computer skills to advance in your current job or you’re thinking of another career with better wages and benefits — the Learning Express Library is exactly what you need. The interactive online learning platform of practice tests and tutorial course series is designed to help you succeed on the academic or licensing tests you must pass before you move up in the company or grade level.
Using Learning Express Library is easy, and can be done from the library or your home computer, smartphone or tablet with Internet capabilities. Simply log in at www.rpl.org, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the blue fleur-de-lis to enter the Louisiana Library Connection. As you scroll down on the right side of the web page, you will see Learning Express 3.0. Have your library card number handy and with a simple mouse click or two, you’ll be able to access hundreds of practice exams that will give you the confidence you need before you take on the actual exams.
Quick Overview of the Learning Centers
The interactive online learning platform of practice tests and tutorial course series is designed to help you — students and adult learners — succeed on the academic or licensing tests you must pass. You’ll get immediate scoring, complete answer explanations, and an individualized analysis of your results. Best of all, it is available to everyone in Rapides Parish! You just need a library card.
- Adult Learning Center – build math skills, become a better reader, improve writing, speaking and grammar or become a US citizen.
- Career Center Learn more about a career, prepare for an entrance exam, prepare for an occupation exam, join the military or become an officer, job search and workplace skills, prepare for the WorkKeys® assessments and TOEIC®
- High School Equivalency Center – build basic skills, prepare for the GED® test, GED in Spanish, Prepare for the HiSET®, prepare for the TASC Test
- Recursos en Espanol
- Computer and Internet Basics Center – Helpful video courses to help you learn the basics of your computer
- Popular Software skills center – learn to use the most popular computer programs – Microsoft Office, Learn computer graphics and illustration, understanding your operating system.
Careers Available to Review – Practice Entrance or Qualifying Exams
Air Traffic Controller
Help Your Children and Grandchildren With These Learning Centers! If your grandchildren need a bit of extra help in reading, math, English and composition skills, tapping into the learning centers geared for elementary, middle school and high school will give students the boost they need to achieve academic success.
- School Center – help do your best in elementary schools, middle school, and high school
- College Prep Center – prepare for ACT® test, prepare for SAT*, Prepare for AP* Exam, Prepare for PSAT/NMSQT*, prepare for TOEFL iBT® test, College admissions essay writing
- College Center- math skills review, reading skills review, grammar and writing skills review, science skills review, prepare for graduate school admissions exams, prepare for college placement exams, prepare for the CLEP* exams
* Was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.
Don’t have a library card? Drop by any of our ten library locations and we’ll be happy to issue you a free new library card. All you need is a valid driver’s license or picture ID with a valid address. In less than five minutes, you’ll have full access to information professionals, knowledgeable and helpful staff, and thousands of databases, books, magazines, games, movies, computers, computer classes, and more!
If you are interested learning more about the Learning Express Library 3.0 or any of the other free research/resource services from the Rapides Parish Library, call 318.445.2411 x1032 or go online to www.rpl.org.