Have you been a whirlwind of shopping and parties and now you’re caught without Christmas Eve or Christmas Day dinner reservations? No worries, here’s a list of Miami restaurants serving festive dinners for couples or families:
- Azul at Mandarin Oriental, Miami ($120 per person), served rom 6 p.m. to 11 p.m.,a five-course menu that includes Citrus Cured Cobia with saffron, confit, potato aioli, and tarragon; celeriac volute with perigord, apple, and parmesan; Wagyu Beef with cheeks, short rib, bordelaise, Szechwan pepper, and roots; Dominican Chocolate Cake. Reservations: 305.913.8358. 500 Brickell Key Drive, (Mandarin Oriental, Miami), Brickell Key.
- La Mar by Gaston Acurio at Mandarin Oriental, Miami ($70 per person; $35 per child ages 6-12): a family-style meal for parties of six or more consisting of cebiches, pasta, causas, arroz arabe, Pastel De Choclo, a Cornish Hen and a Toasted Panettone for dessert. 5:30 p.m. – 11 p.m. Reservations: 305.913.8358. 500 Brickell Key Drive.
- Bocce ($75) Chef Daniel Tackett is sticking to the restaurant’s traditional Italian roots and offering a “La Vigilia di Natale” menu – A Feast of Seven Fishes – and will offer dishes such as Baccala Croccante, crispy salted cod, spicy aioli; Polipo Grigliato, grilled octopus, crispy black rice, salsa verde, citrus vinaigrette and Trochetto Chocolate Yule Log, lemon mousse, toasted meringue. Reservations: 786.245.6211. 3250 Northeast 1st Avenue.
- Barceloneta ($55 per person) Chef Juliana Gonzalez will be giving guests the opportunity to select six dishes from the a la carte menu, featuring special Christmas-inspired dishes. Reservations: 305.538.9299. 1400 20th Street, Miami Beach.
Christmas Eve & Day
- SUSHISAMBA Coral Gables: All-day (11:30 a.m. – 11 p.m.) menu served a la carte: Slow Roasted Peking Duck with arroz verde, sweet pea puree, jalapeño confiture; Crisped Confit Pork with braised swiss chard, compressed granny smith apple, chicharrones, green mustard, rosemary-scented brown butter applesauce; Peruvian Hot Cocoa with green tea whipped cream, housemade marshmallows; White Chocolate Green Tea Macaroons with strawberry filling. Reservations: 305.448.4990. 180 Aragon Avenue. (Westin Colonnade), Coral Gables.
- SUSHISAMBA Miami Beach ($169 per group of five; $150 per group for beverage package), All-day (noon – 1 a.m.) menu served individually and the whole hog, family-style: Whole Roasted Suckling Pig carved and served tableside with yuzu-honey sweet potatoes, sake braised swiss chard and crispy bok choy with apple blossom; Merry Maki with shrimp tempura, mango, asian pear, chives topped with scallop and hamachi belly, wasabi and raspberry tobiko, creamy yuzu koshu soy and white truffle oil. Reservations: 305.673.533. 600 Lincoln Road, Miami Beach.
- La Mar by Gaston Acurio at Mandarin Oriental, Miami ($85 per person; $35 per child ages 6-12): In addition to Christmas Eve dinner, La Mar at Mandarin Oriental, Miami will offer brunch buffet on Christmas Day – cebiches, tiraditos, grilled anticucho skewers – with Chaufa Aeropuerto for the table alongside refreshing Chicha Morada juice and decadent dessert towers. 12:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Reservations: 305.913.8358. 500 Brickell Key Drive, (Mandarin Oriental, Miami), Brickell Key.
- Pubbelly ($250 per person): Try a typical Puerto Rican meal of a can pre-ordered whole roasted 6 pound suckling pig with mofongo, tostones, arroz mamposteao and a six-pack of Medalla with Pubbelly sauces. Each pig will serve five to seven people. Pigs can be ordered for $250 each plus tax & service (also available to go) at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 305.532.7555; 48 hour pre-order is required. 1418 20th Street, Miami Beach.
New Year’s Eve ideas
- SUSHISAMBA Coral Gables (dinner from 6 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.; celebration from 10 p.m. to close) Menu served a la carte and optional omakase at $100 per person: New Year’s Eve Specials include various servings of grade A5 Japanese Wagyu and elaborate sushi platters. Chef’s omakase menu will offer Foie Gras Brulee, Butter Poached Langoustine, to name a few. Reservations: 305.448.4990. 180 Aragon Avenue (Westin Colonnade), Coral Gables.
- SUSHISAMBA Miami Beach (dinner from 6 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.; celebration from 10 p.m. to close): Bring in 2015 with Reveillon! Complete with samba dancers, drummers, live DJ, and televised countdown, New Year’s Eve Specials include Duck Prosciutto Micro Salad, Steamed Scallop Dumplings, Hudson Valley Steamed Foie Gras, and 4oz Japanese Wagyu. Reservations: 305.673.533. 600 Lincoln Road, Miami Beach.
- SHIKANY ($225 & $350 with Louis Roederer champagne pairings per person) In addition to an a la carte menu available for dinner, Chef Michael Shikany has created a 10-course champagne and caviar menu that will be available for three seatings; 6:30, 8:30 and 10:30 p.m. Diners can expect to enjoy luxurious dishes like, Uni Pappardelle with Uni Lemongrass Butter, Uni Creme, Uni Botarge, Parmigiano Reggiano, Shaved Sweet Soy Cured Egg Yolk, Meyer Lemon Zest and Hackleback Sturgeon Caviar; Hot Brick A5 BMS 12 Miyazaki Tenderloin 10-Ways with Crown Russian Ossetra. The restaurant will also be featuring music by DJ Max Cassinelli and a champagne toast at midnight. Reservations: 305.573.0690 or email@example.com 251 Northwest 25th Street, Wynwood.
- L’echon Brasserie ($65 per person, first seating; $85 per person, second seating) Chef Jose Mendin and Chef Josh Elliott are taking us back to the ’50s with a black and white French-theme and music. Guests will enjoy tableside champagne cart service and a specially designed caviar three-course menu including dishes such as, Foie Gras Chaud with Chestnut and celeriac veloute, honey crisp apple, poached black currant, onion celery, sauce bordelaise. The menu will be available for two seatings; 7:00 p.m. and 9:30 p.m., with a $45 optional wine pairing. The restaurant will also be offering their a la carte menu and a champagne toast at midnight. Reservations: www.opentable.com, 6261 Collins Avenue (Hilton Cabana Miami Beach) Miami Beach.
- Cantina La Veinte: Chef Santiago Gomez has created a five-course prix-fixe menu with dishes like, Seared Scallop with creamery poblano rice and fresh white truffle; Glazed and Braised Short Rib with sugar cane, ancho chile and tequila casa dragones. The restaurant will feature an ultra-premium open bar at set prices per person. Reservations: 786.623.6135. 495 Brickell Avenue, Brickell.
- Bocce (a la carte): Chef Daniel Tackett will be serving traditional Italian dishes like, Fresh Pork Sausage with lentil ragu and fig mostarda; Gnocchi alla Norcia with anchovy butter and black winter truffles. Reservations: 786.245.6211. 3250 Northeast 1st Avenue, Miami.
- Barceloneta ($75 per person): Chef Juliana Gonzalez has created a special prix-fixe menu including, Oysters with Cava Gelée, caviar and apple mignonette; Beef Tenderloin and Foie with Veal Jus, onion marmalade and forum reduction. Every couple will also get to enjoy a bottle of Juve Camps Reservations. Reservations: 305.538.9299. 1400 20th Street, Miami Beach.
- Azul at Mandarin Oriental, Miami ($95 per person, first seating; $395 per person, second seating): First seating from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. and second seating from 9 p.m. First seating price includes a glass of Piper-Heidsieck champagne and second seating include one bottle of Charles Heidsieck champagne for every two people and included admission to MO Bar + Lounge countdown afterparty. Guests can enjoy from the menu Scallops Noir with osetra caviar, parsley root, lemon puree, and sorrel; Wagyu Duet with perigord truffle, pomme fondant, and pickled shallot bearnaise. Reservations: 305.913.8358. 500 Brickell Key Drive, (Mandarin Oriental, Miami), Brickell Key.
- La Mar by Gaston Acurio at Mandarin Oriental, Miami ($125 per person): A rockin y New Year’s Eve celebration with live DJ and menu including Alaskan King Crab Causa, Cebiche of Stone Crab, Dry-aged Rib Eye Anticucho, Grilled Lobster with Risotto Achupado, and a trio of decadent desserts. 9 p.m. seating. Reservations: 305.913.8358. 500 Brickell Key Drive, (Mandarin Oriental, Miami), Brickell Key.
- MO Bar + Lounge at Mandarin Oriental, Miami ($75 per person; $250 per couple): Ring in the New Year at Miami’s hottest New Year’s Eve party with live music and a spectacular views of Biscayne Bay. Guests will enjoy Piper-Heidsieck champagne, platters of king crab Maine lobster and stone crabs. From 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. Reservations: 305.913.8358. 500 Brickell Key Drive, (Mandarin Oriental, Miami), Brickell Key.
Watch the video for a unique dinner in Miami Beach.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.