Les Mills is an international fitness company that develops group fitness and team training programs taught in more than 3,000 licensed clubs across the U.S. Sheldon McBee, a Les Mills’ International Master Trainer shared his GRIT workout while in New York City this month.
McBee also demonstrated the new, revolutionary SMARTBAR 2-in-1 barbell system. He highlighted the breakthrough features of the SMARTBAR that enable people to get stronger faster and max out the pace of their workout. These bars are often used in GRIT workouts depending on the facility.
Features of the bar include:
- Weight plates are designed to work as hand weights, as well as weight plates that attach to the end of the bar.
- “Gator” attachments that eliminate the need for clips.
- The ends of the bar rotate, encouraging proper form and aiding in muscle isolation for excellent results.
Original research was led by Penn State researchers and the LES MILLS fitness team. Topics included:
- The Sweet Spot for Frequency of HIIT Exercise
- Building Lean Muscle in Women
- Best Core Building Movements
- Benefits of Group Exercise
It’s clear that GRIT is one of the most effective workouts out there, especially when you are crunched for time!
About Les Mills
Les Mills is an international fitness company and a pioneer of the group fitness movement that started in the 1980’s. The company offers 10 group and three small team training programs that include the following: BODYPUMP®, BODYCOMBAT®, BODYVIVE®, BODYJAM®, BODYATTACK®, BODYSTEP®, BODYBALANCE®, RPM®, SH’BAM®, CXWORX® and LES MILLS GRIT™ Series. Based on the latest fitness research, Les Mills updates each of these programs every three months with new choreography, matches the moves to chart-topping music and provides new instructor education to ensure that each program is fresh and engaging. In the U.S., Les Mills has 23,000 certified instructors who provide inspiring workouts in more than 3,000 licensed clubs across the U.S. New York Sports Clubs, 24-Hour Fitness, YMCA locations and hundreds of other independent and multi-location facilities offer Les Mills programs to their members. On a global scale, Les Mills facilitates 3.8 millions workouts a week across 80 different countries.
Les Mills social media handles below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LesMillsUS
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/LesMillsUS
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/lesmillstribe
FOR ALL MY FITNESS UPDATES….
- Check out my e-book You Can Have It All & NMFIT Smoothie Book
- Sign up for monthly NM News:http://eepurl.com/z-S31
- Nadia Murdock FitFacebook:http://tinyurl.com/qdtz2uq
- NY Fitness News Facebook:http://ow.ly/ecQEL