Carnival Cruise Lines announced that the Carnival Miracle will undergo an extensive makeover in March 2015 that will put a little more spring in its sail with creative enhancements such as unique bar concepts like RedFrog Pub and Alchemy Bar to entertainment choices such as Playlist Productions and Hasbro, The Game Show, and the family-friendly Seuss at Sea program.
Part of the line’s ongoing Fun Ship 2.0 upgrades, the ship will go into a two-week-long dry dock starting March 7 and come out all spruced up with improvements such as:
- RedFrog Pub – a Caribbean-inspired watering hole featuring the region’s best rums and beers – including Carnival’s own ThirstyFrog Red – enjoyed in a distinct British-West-Indies-meets-Key-West atmosphere
- Alchemy Bar – a vintage-themed cocktail pharmacy where mixologists create concoctions from different elixirs and ingredients with creative names like “Forty is the New Twenty” and “Restorative Basil Drop”
- Playlist Productions – these four spectacular shows – 88 Keys, 80’s Pop To the Max, Getaway Island and Heart Of Soul – combine captivating live performances of recognizable pop and rock songs with dazzling special effects to create unforgettable evenings of entertainment
- Seuss At Sea – part an exclusive partnership with Dr. Seuss Enterprises, Seuss at Sea brings the whimsical world of Dr. Seuss to life with fun activities like the Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast with the Cat in the Hat and Friends, Seuss-a-Palooza Story Time, and more
- Hasbro, The Game Show – this audience-participation favorite features larger-than-life adaptations of the company’s iconic and popular games with titles like Connect4 Basketball, Sorry Sliders, and Yahtzee Bowling
- Cherry On Top – this “candy and more store” celebrates the joys of simple indulgences with bins of bulk candy, fun fanciful gifts and novelties, custom apparel and more
- New SPORTS Bar – at this sports lovers’ paradise, guests can catch live sporting events and check out scores on the real-time 24/7 sports ticker
- Spin U – developed in partnership with legendary DJ IRIE – Carnival’s official DJ who has entertained crowds from South Beach to Las Vegas – this fun DJ academy provides aspiring spin-masters ages 15-17 all they need to know to “hit the decks” and rock the club!
“We’re really excited that the Fun Ship 2.0 product enhancement program that began rolling out three years ago continues to bring innovative, fun and memorable dining, bar and entertainment options to the entire Carnival Cruise Line fleet and to the millions of guests who sail with us annually,” said Mark Tamis, Carnival’s senior vice president of guest operations. “The fantastic renovations on Carnival Miracle will also provide our valued travel agent partners with an exciting new cruise experience for their clients.”
Carnival Miracle cruises year-round from Long Beach, Calif., and offers three different week-long Mexican Riviera cruise options: a three-port itinerary featuring Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan and Cabo San Lucas; a two-port option that includes a stop in Cabo San Lucas, along with a two-day overnight stay in Puerto Vallarta; and a third choice featuring a day-long visit to Puerto Vallarta, along with a two-day call at Cabo San Lucas. The hip will also do 15-day roundtrip cruises to Hawaii from Long Beach on Oct. 17, Nov. 28 and Jan.16 and a one-time 13-day Mexican Riviera voyage on Jan. 31, 2016.
For reservations contact any travel agent, call 1-800-CARNIVAL or visit www.carnival.com. You can also hook up with the cruise line at www.twitter.com/carnivalcruise; www.facebook.com/carnival, or www.youtube.com/carnival for the latest updates, or just subscribe to this column for news about the entire cruise industry.