Anyone who has even had a massage knows how enjoyable and relaxing it can be, but did you know there are actually numerous health benefits to receiving regular massage? Besides simply feeling good, here are some positive reasons to incorporating therapeutic bodywork into your life.
- Relieving stress and tension. Many people work at desk jobs which can create postural stress. This typically manifests as pain in the neck, shoulders, and low back. If you feel as though you’re carrying the “weight of the world”, you very well may be in the form of overstressed muscles.
- Massage increases and improves circulation and can help eliminate, or greatly reduce, chronic pain.
- Human touch makes us feels soothed, cared for and loved. This makes us feel less anxious, less angry and less depressed.
- It helps you sleep better. Because massage assists in relaxing the muscles, people who find it hard to relax, and thus hard to fall asleep, notice a marked difference in reduced insomnia and greater quality of sleep.
- It helps you stay well. Massage has been shown to boost white blood cell count (which is largely responsible in defending the body against illness and disease) so your immune system is strengthened. This has even been noted in people with HIV.
- It may relieve headaches. The most common headaches are caused by tension so reducing tension would naturally reduce headache frequency and intensity. Researchers have also found that perceived pain is dramatically decreased in patients with chronic tension headaches.
- It assists the body in detoxifying. Your lymphatic system works in harmony with your circulatory system to flush out toxins and carry immune cells throughout the body. Regular massage helps these systems to run more efficiently and effectively. Applying pressure to the muscle tissue literally “squeezes” toxins out from in between the muscle fibers and cells. When the lymphatic system and circulatory system are sluggish (due to poor diet, lack of exercise, not drinking enough water) the toxins tend to hang around longer, which in turn makes you feel tired, run down, lethargic and prone to catching the latest cold or flu.
The cost of massage and just finding the time is what keeps most of us from getting massages more often. Fortunately Massage Envy Spa of Bend has make getting a massage more convenient and definitely more affordable.
Massage Envy Spa has 22 massage therapists and 3 estheticians and the location is open 7 days a week.
Getting in for an appointment is fast and easy for those who purchase the Wellness Plan. This is a member-based spa and it certainly behooves you to check out the Wellness Plan. For the monthly rate of $59.99 you are given credits to receive either a one hour massage or a one hour facial. Subsequent massages are $39.99. If you don’t use your massage during the month it just rolls over into the next month and you continue to bank massages until you decide to use them. As long as you are an active member you never lose them. Preference is given to members when it comes to scheduling appointments; weekends and holidays are typically reserved for those with memberships.
For a limited time, Massage Envy Spa of Bend is offering an introductory rate for first time guest of $49.99.
Indulge, treat yourself! You deserve it!