It’s hard to imagine Christmas without freshly baked cookies – just ask Santa! This year, McCormick is taking the flavors of favorite holiday cookies, like gingersnaps, snickerdoodles and sugar cookies, and reimagining them in fun new desserts. From mousse tarts to creme brulee and biscotti with a warm chocolate sipper, the holiday dessert table has never looked better.
“Here in the kitchens, we looked at the distinctive flavors of classic cookies for inspiration. Cinnamon sugar is the signature flavor in snickerdoodles, so we added that cinnamon sweetness to a peanut butter mousse and peanut crust, resulting in a decadent tart,” said Mary Beth Harrington of the McCormick Kitchens. “Sugar cookies are also a must-have holiday treat, so we created a new way to decorate them, with an edible paint made from vanilla extract and food color.”
Cookies Reimagined – Inspired by the flavors of seasonally spiced cookies, these new, imaginative dessert recipes redefine “milk and cookies.”
- Peanut Butter Snickerdoodle Tart with Cinnamon Peanut Crust: Beloved snickerdoodle cookies become decadent tarts – complete with a cinnamon-accented peanut crust, smooth snickerdoodle-flavored peanut butter mousse and a chocolate milk ganache on top.
- Gingersnap Creme Brulee: An innovative take on the traditional gingersnap cookie, this creamy dessert is topped with a crunchy sugar crust and a drizzle of both cinnamon caramel and ginger-spiced cream. This seasonal sweet is made in the oven – no torch needed!
- Cinnamon Oatmeal Custard Bars with Rum Raisin Sauce: In this delicious twist on the favorite cinnamon oatmeal raisin cookie, an oatmeal cookie crust is layered with tangy buttermilk custard, sweet rum raisin sauce, crunchy oat crumble and a drizzle of confectioners’ sugar and buttermilk glaze.
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Biscotti with White Chocolate Dipping Sauce: This Italian biscotti tastes like a traditional vanilla-rich chocolate chip cookie and is paired with a decadent white chocolate and Irish cream sauce that’s perfect for dipping and sipping.
Deck-orate the Halls –– Transform your kitchen into Santa’s workshop and get the whole family involved with new twists on decorating classic sugar cookies for Christmas.
- Flavor-Painted Cookies – Paint iconic holiday-themed designs onto frosted sugar cookies using Flavor Paints – a delicious mix of extract and food color. McCormick’s Holiday Flavor Painting guide makes it easy to turn simple sugar cookies into personalized place settings and gifts. Little elves can write their names on cookies while adults paint everything from presents and pine trees to snowmen and Santa Claus.
- Sugar Cookie Cups – Create Christmas-colored cookie cups by tinting sugar cookie dough with McCormick red or green food color. Made with six simple ingredients, including vanilla extract, these cookie cups make a fun edible holder for desserts. Fill with peppermint ice cream or chocolate mousse, or create a build-your-own holiday dessert bar and let your guests choose their filling.
More Holiday Recipe Recommendations from McCormick® FlavorPrint™
Love the cookie-inspired flavors in these desserts? Discover new holiday recipes using free FlavorPrint recipe recommendations. Tell us what flavors your family likes, and we’ll give you recipes you’ll love at http://www.Mccormick.com/FlavorPrint.
Celebrate and share in the flavors of the season with more holiday recipes from McCormick. Visit http://www.mccormick.com or http://www.americanhomemade.mccormick.com and check us out on Pinterest and Facebook.