Mike and Susan Shea, owners of NYC Daylighting, have received the 2015 “Innovative Entrepreneurs of the Year” Award, presented by New York Small Business Development Center (SBDC).
They were nominated by York College SBDC Business Advisor Sandra Cely for the honor, which will be presented at New York SBDC’s annual awards dinner on April 20 at Gideon Putnam Resort in Saratoga Springs, N.Y. Mike and Susan Shea’s company, NYC Daylighting, is based in Rockaway Park, N.Y., and is the exclusive authorized provider and installer of Solatube Daylighting Systems in New York City and surrounding areas.
“Being recognized by New York SBDC is an incredible honor,” Mike Shea said. “We are highly committed to our community and will continue to strive to make a positive impact there.”
“We appreciate the vision, confidence, hard work, dedication, creativity and other qualities that have led to Mike and Susan Shea’s successful business ownership,” said New York SBDC State Director Jim King. “We applaud their success.”
NYC Daylighting offers a variety of Solatube products including:
• Solatube® 160 DS and 290 DS Daylighting Systems – tubular skylights which capture daylight on the rooftop and transfer it via highly reflective tubing into the home
• Solatube Smart LED System – a fusion of LED lighting and natural light for day and night, offering up to 94 percent in lighting energy savings
• Vent and light kits – providing ventilation and light for nighttime use (great for laundry rooms and bathrooms)
• Daylight Dimmers – allowing homeowners to dim or block out the natural light entirely
• Flashings for nearly all roof types – allowing Solatube Daylighting Systems to be installed in virtually any home
• Decorative fixtures – these attach to Solatube Daylighting Systems at the ceiling level to add stylish elements
About Solatube International
Solatube International, Inc., widely recognized as the daylighting industry innovator, has earned worldwide acclaim for its unrivaled ability to transform interior spaces with natural light. Based in California, the company is the leading manufacturer and marketer of tubular daylighting devices (TDDs) for all types of residential and commercial applications, and it continues to innovate with groundbreaking products that increase energy efficiency and light output, such as the award-winning Smart LED System and the high output SkyVault Series. For more information about the company and its related products, visit www.solatube.com or call 888-SOLATUBE.
# # #