Today’s Weather Synopsis…
A strong warm front will advance north and east of the region today with rain showers gradually tapering off this morning and a very mild air mass moving northward into the region ahead of an approaching cold front. It will become very windy into this afternoon and a Wind Advisory has been issued for higher terrain locations as gusts may reach 60 mph with the potential to bring down limbs and cause isolated power outages.
The front will cross the region later this evening, allowing a cooler air mass to gradually return through mid-week. Computer forecast models continue to indicate a strong and fast-moving coastal storm impacting portions of the region late Wednesday into early Thursday, but some uncertainty remains on the exact track, evolution, and intensity of the system. A Winter Storm Watch has been issued for most of eastern New York from Wednesday morning through Thursday morning for the potential of 9 inches or more of snow. Significant impacts to Thanksgiving travel are looking more likely across all of the Northeast…stay tuned!
The Capital Region forecast for the next 48 hours…
• This Morning: Considerable clouds with rain showers likely. Temperatures: 48°-52°
Sunrise: 6:58 AM
Winds: South 5-10 mph.
• This Afternoon: Mostly cloudy, breezy, and becoming warmer with a chance of scattered rain showers early, then intervals of clouds and sun developing.
Sunset: 4:26 PM
Winds: South 15-20 mph, gusting up to 30 mph.
Albany, NY Normal Low/High: 29° / 44°
• Tonight: Mostly cloudy and breezy in the evening, then partial clearing after midnight.
Sunrise: 6:59 AM
Winds: Southwest 10-15 mph.
• Tuesday: Breezy and cooler with intervals of clouds and sun.
Sunset: 4:25 PM
Winds: West 10-15 mph.
• Tuesday Night: Becoming mostly cloudy and colder.
Sunrise: 7:00 AM
Winds: West 5-10 mph.
A look ahead…
• Wednesday: Mostly cloudy with snow likely in the afternoon. The snow could be heavy at times with significant accumulations possible.
• Thanksgiving Day: Cloudy with a chance of snow showers in the morning, then intervals of clouds and sun developing.
• Black Friday: Chilly with sunshine mixing with some clouds.