As we have discussed in previous articles, Azurea at One Ocean Resort & Spa alters its menu seasonally to utilize the best and freshest local ingredients. Azurea has recently released its Spring food (lunch and dinner), dessert, and drink menus. Here are some highlights Azureas new Spring menus:
- Spring Asparagus Bisque (creme fraiche, annato oil)
- Local Gyo Greens Spring Salad (compressed fruit, hydro watercress, heirloom tomatoes, Marcona almonds, olive oil powder and topped with sherry vinaigrette)
- Cold Water Lobster Roll (lobster salad, top split grilled roll)
- Chipotle Chicken Club (herb marinated chicken, heirloom tomato, avocado, apple wood bacon, alfalfa proudness on toasted brioche pullman)
- Angus Short Rib Burger (lettuce, tomato, red onion, choice of domestic or imported cheese, farm fresh egg on a toasted brioche roll)
- Early Morning Picked Green Salad (Georgia pecans, cucumber ribbons, Mandarin oranges, red grapefruit with strawberry vinaigrette dressing)
- Cast Iron Seared Jumbo Blue Crab Cake (apple cider braised collard greens, charred heirloom tomatoes, crisp smoked bacon) *This is a classic Azurea dish that seems to stay on the Azurea menu regardless of season. We featured it in our Jax’s Best Dishes series. Go to this link for the Azurea article and go here for a compiled list of Jax’s best dishes.
- Grilled Eggplant Cannelloni (early harvest Spring vegetables, herbed quinoa, heirloom tomato emulsion)
- Prosciutto Wrapped Bell and Evans Chicken Breast (lima beans, heirloom tomatoes, cipollini onions, mustard greens)
- Tellicherry Crusted Harris Ranch Natural Beef Tenderloin Medallion (wilted watercress and spinach, early harvest carrots, white beech mushrooms, and natural jus)
- Humboldt Fog Fromage Blanc Cheesecake (brulee naval orange, citrus reduction)
- Triple Chocolate Timbale (dark chocolate mousse, white chocolate granache, chocolate cake with strawberry basil compote)
On May 10, 2015, Azurea will also host a special Mother’s Day dining experience featuring the exclusive Mom’s Favorites A la Carte menu. Breakfast is served until 11am followed by brunch from 11am-2pm and dinner from 2pm-8pm. The dinner menu is available from 11am-8pm. Highlights from the brunch menu include Crisp Malted Waffle With Fresh Seasonal Berries (genuine Vermont maple syrup with cinnamon chantilly) and the Benedict Bar which allows you to create your custom Eggs Benedict. The dinner menu also has some specialty items that don’t appear on the Spring menu, including the Steamed Prince Edward Mussels (chorizo, shallots, baby spinach, lemon white wine served with garlic herb bread) and the New Fashioned Carrot Cake (carrot cake, raspberry cream cheese, salted caramel, with dehydrated carrot strips)
Go here for the full Spring and Mother’s Day menus.
Azurea, located at One Ocean Resort in Atlantic Beach is one of only two AAA Four Diamond restaurants in the Jacksonville area (the other being Matthew’s Restaurant). Azurea and their Executive Chef Ted Peters are definitely deserving of this honor because the restaurant’s food, drinks, service, and ambiance are all top-notch. If you are looking for a fine dining meal with the mother in your life, we strongly recommend Azurea.
For more from Jacksonville Fine Dining Examiner, follow us on Twitter @JaxFineDining