A few restaurants operated by Lark Creek Restaurant Group are open on New Year’s Eve; highlights are below. Also, two more bits of news:
1) If you haven’t heard, a couple LCRG restaurants recently closed – Yankee Pier Larkspur and The Tavern at Lark Creek closed permanently effective Dec. 1, 2014, and Fish Story in Napa has closed but the restaurant will reopen in early spring with a ‘remodeled space and new concept’ (and possibly a new name)
2) One of my readers will win a gift card good at Lark Creek restaurants — see end of article for contest details. Happy Holidays!
• Pan-Seared Day Boat Scallops with celery root, boiled peanuts, black trumpet mushrooms, and port wine is one of the New Year’s Eve entrée choices from Chef Mark Dommen at One Market Restaurant (www.onemarket.com). The special New Year’s Eve prix fixe menu is $80/person from 6-7:30 p.m. and $130/person from 8:30-10 p.m. The menu features three courses and an amuse bouche. First course choices include hand-picked Dungeness crab (mango, avocado, citrus water) and Marin Sun Farm beef tartare (black truffle, quail egg, mitsuba). Dessert selections include Valrhona chocolate cake and California artisinal cheese plate with Redwood Hill Farm truffle tremor, Bohemian Creamery, Cowabunga, and more. Make reservations at 415.777.5577. One Market is in downtown SF at 1 Market St.
• Lark Creek Blue (www.larkcreekblue.com) is open on New Year’s Eve. Guests can enjoy the regular, full a la carte menu created by Chef de Cuisine Chad Ferry. Entrees include Maine lobster spaghetti “Arrabiata” with a roasted half lobster, tomato, calabrese, chiles, and basil; grilled 12-ounce Angus ribeye with ratatouille, parsley potatoes, and warm caper vinaigrette; and grilled Hawaiian swordfish with fava beans, Israeli couscous, nectarine relish, and sauteed spinach. Make reservations at 408.244.1244. Lark Creek Blue is on Santana Row in San Jose.
• Cupola Pizzeria (www.cupolasf.com) is also open on New Year’s Eve. Guests can order from the regular, full a la carte menu. Small plates include warm, pulled-to-order mozzarella with lemon, brussels sprouts leaves, and olive oil; and lamb meatballs with spicy San Marzano tomato sauce, basil leaves, and pecorino. Soups include butternut squash with sage and brown butter. Pastas include lamb pappardelle, and pizzas include rapini (garlic, broccoli rabe, chili flakes, preserved lemon, Parmesan cream) and carne (housemade sausage, spicy calabrese salumi, soppresata, sweet onion). Call 415.896.5600 for reservations. Cupola is located on the 4th floor of the Westfield San Francisco Centre (845 Market St.).
Prize: A $75 gift card to Lark Creek Restaurants
To enter, email your name to firstname.lastname@example.org & include the words “Lark Creek giveaway.” Deadline to enter is Friday, Jan. 2, 2015 at 9 p.m.
This contest is open to readers of Tara Fatemi Walker’s zoomdune.com and Santacruzfoodie.com sites. Employees of zoomdune.com, and people who have won contests in the last 3 months, are not eligible for this promotion.
On Twitter? Follow me @santacruzfoodie.