As more and more pet foods continue to be recalled each year, pet owners are getting alarmed to a greater extent. It is scary to think that there is nothing at all that they can do to help protect the pets that they love. After all, they are simply trying to feed their furry family members. Now they have to avoid purchasing any pet foods that they believe could come with a risk of recall or even worse, sickness that could even lead to death. The good news is that there are things that people can do to help ensure that they are providing their pets with a safer food option.
”Most people are caring pet owners, and they want to do what helps protect their pet,” explains Will Post, founder and CEO, Hound & Gatos Pet Foods Corporation. “Yet the problem is that most are not sure what that means and how to go about it. The more they learn about pet food, the better able they will be able to make an informed decision that will keep their pet healthier and safer.”
The recalls that are occurring have taken place due to salmonella or Listeria contamination, presence of foreign materials or other such issues. In fact, these things are becoming all too commonplace where most pet parents are concerned.
Hound & Gatos wants to provide pet parents with a list of items to keep in mind before choosing food for their beloved four-legged friend. These include:
· Get to know the company. Most people may know a company name simply because they spend millions on advertising. But that doesn’t mean they know much about the company or their ethics. Research companies to find one that offers high standards, quality products, and great customer service. Then stick with that company for the long haul.
· Ask questions. Don’t be afraid to contact a pet food company and ask them where something was made, where ingredients came from, or any other questions. They should have no problem answering questions about their products, or with being able to provide proof of their quality standards.
· Read reviews. Do some searches to read some reviews about various brands of pet food. Keep in mind that some reviews can be biased and even planted by the company itself, so look for impartial third-party sources giving the review. Also, ask around to see what friends and family feed their pets.
· Investigate ingredients. The source of ingredients is of major concern when it comes to reducing the risks of pet food recalls and with keeping pets healthy. Many of the pet foods recalled contain ingredients that came from Asia, rather than all being 100 percent originating in the USA. Read the labels and ask questions to determine where the ingredients are coming from, and then opt for only products that are completely originating from the USA. For example, the FDA just approved chicken from China. Only three percent of pet foods get inspected, leaving a big window for risks.
· Understand pet foods. Cat and dog food should contain 100 percent protein, which will supply them with the nutrients their bodies require. The problem with many commercial pet foods is that it is comprised of numerous fillers, such as generic liver, cheap fillers, and grains.
“In order to keep pets safer and healthier you can’t just pull any food off the shelf at the store,” adds Post. “Many have generic ingredients and fillers that cats and dogs should not be eating. Get to know pet foods and the companies that manufacture it, and then stick with one that has a high level of standards and is ethical.”
Hound & Gatos Pet Foods are made with 100% meat – all grown right in the United States. Recently they were awarded the “Most Trusted Pet Food” award. This is the second year in a row that they received this prestigious award!
Besides being the only pet food company willing to conduct DNA testing to confirm the source of their ingredients, they are also the organization that stipulates that their ingredients are USA born- not from Asia. This is atypical for most pet food organizations since there is a shortage of ingredients in USA farms.
In addition to everything else, Hound & Gatos Pet Foods strives to help owners obtain the best quality products for their furry loved ones, they also deliver 100% animal protein – and no additional fillers. To get more data on this pet food organization, visit www.HoundGatos.com. You will be able to discover their difference of premium quality hypoallergenic pet food.