Lace, tulle or sequins, one thing for certain the options are endless when it comes to party and special occasion dresses. Sweet 16, prom and senior dances all require a certain “Je ne sais quoi” to stand out from the crowd. Not to mention that it would be a major fashion faux pas to see someone wearing your dress.
But with a sea of endless options, the process can become intense and stressful in deciding what dress is right for you. What starts off as a fun endeavor can become a nightmare as you try to sift through the many cuts, colors and design options in special occasion gowns.
To help make the process more manageable and keep the shopping experience fun, Macy’s Lakeside Mall recently held an in-store Prom Fashion Event, making it easier to select the perfect dress for your next party fete. The event was hosted by special guest Lindsey Hughes, nationally recognized beauty and fashion vlogger, and included a runway show with models wearing the latest styles and trends in special occasion gowns.
A must have trend include the short prom dress, which continues to grow in popularity. The high-low style gives both the long and short look with the added comfort and ease to move and dance in. Also this style can be worn again for other occasions, such as a wedding or holiday party. Sequins can add a touch of glitz and bling to a formal gown and another popular style is selecting a floral pattern gown, guaranteed to make you standout from the crowd.
A few Tips to remember when shopping include:
- Start with a budget in mind. This will help keep you focused on dresses in your price range. (Remember expensive does not mean better).
- Select inspirational photos. Check out Pinterest, Instagram, websites, and fashion magazines are all very helpful in narrowing down your selection.
- All dresses are not made equal. Not all cuts, styles and even colors work on every figure type. Select dresses that will compliment your best features.
- Keep an open mind. Don’t judge by the way it hangs on the hanger. Formal dresses will look very different once you try them on.
- Alterations may be required. Minor adjustments may be necessary to give a “couture” style fit.
- Consider shopping for your accessories and shoes at the same time you purchase your dress. It is much easier to find the perfect match and get the complete look.
- Make a grand entrance with professionally style hair and makeup. Nothing makes you feel more special then to be glamourized from head to toe.
View the slideshow to see photo highlights of Macy’s Prom Fashion Event.
Enjoyed this article?
Click on the subscribe link for the latest blogs on fashion, trends, beauty, chic events happening in the Gulf Coast Region!
Got a fashion story, event or would like a review of your fashions, accessories or beauty product?
Email – email@example.com
Twitter – @fashionweeknola
Instagram – @fashioinablyyoursnola