After the holidays, many people plan a detox cleanse. The Rainbow Cleanse Reset detoxes and cleanses, but also resets the mind/body nutritional needs which results in chakra balancing.
Every detox cleanse or diet change induces emotions and physical responses. There are many reasons we choose our diets. By starting with our bottom chakra and working up, we are able to focus on each area and our response.
Purchase products from these Oklahoma City stores.
21 day detox cleanse chakra balancing
This is a 21 day detox cleanse and requires eating one color of food for 3 days. During this time, observe emotional and physical response. This cleanse opens areas you may not have been aware of until now and can result in chakra balancing. Optional: Wear clothing the same color of foods you’re eating for each 3 day period.
- Day 1-3: Red (Root Chakra): If feeling run down, fatigued, burnt out, lazy or lethargic, red foods such as tomatoes, strawberries, raspberries, watermelon and beets help boost energy levels and body temperature. Red stimulates the sympathetic nervous system. It can be used to treat anemia, colds, low blood pressure, erectile dysfunction, fatigue, weakness and depression. It helps one feel present and grounded.
- Day 4-6: Orange (Creativity Chakra): If low on confidence, doubting yourself or feel unworthy of love, get oranges. Things like mandarins, mangoes, carrots, squash, pumpkin and yams make a big impact on emotions, too. Orange lifts spirits, fosters humor, and loosens repression. Use orange to help relieve asthma, bronchitis, constipation, diarrhea, gas, hemorrhoids, and hypoglycemia. Orange is the color of passion, optimism and tolerance.
- Day 7-9: Yellow (Solar Plexus Chakra): If you feel depressed, sad or emotional, bananas, corn on the cob, fresh pineapple, pears or yellow peppers change this. Yellow is a natural mood enhancer and is used to benefit adrenal glands, gallbladder, liver, muscles, nervous system, pancreas, and stomach.
- Day 10-12: Green (Heart Chakra): Do you feel low on vital energy or feel stressed? If you are overworked, experiencing adrenal fatigue, acidity or toxicity, then green is the color for you! Make a salad or green smoothie and notice what happens. Live enzymes, oxygen and chlorophyll make one feel revitalized. Green is in the middle of the color spectrum and is neither hot nor cold. Green is the color of the heart center, healing, balance, compassion, love, transformation, growth, generosity, and peace.
- Day 13-15: Blue (Throat Chakra): For anxiety, enjoy blueberries, blue corn, blue potatoes or blackberries. Blue foods help tone kidneys and elicit honest communication. Blue is associated with spirituality, serenity, truth, communication, revelation, trust, and faith.
- Day 16-18: Indigo (Third-Eye Chakra): These foods help calm energy and bring peace if feeling frustrated, angry or unable to forgive, try eggplant, purple kale, black beans, black olives, concord grapes, and purple carrots. Foods indigo with black overtone are in this category. This chakra is associated with psychic awareness, intuition, and memory.
- Day 19-21: Violet (Crown Chakra): Violet symbolizes creative imagination and spiritual attainment, and corresponds to psychic protection, artistry, and mystery. Elderberries, Basil flowers, black tomatoes, purple onions, purple cabbage, and dulse fall in this category. Violet helps normalize hormonal activity, curb appetite, and regulate metabolism.
Before starting a cleanse or fast, it might be wise to do a food transit time test. This determines if a colon cleanse or liver cleanse should be undertaken before a 21 day detox cleanse. After the holidays is a good time for a cleanse as we all have a tendency to over-eat and go off our diet. The Rainbow Cleanse helps re-set all our food choices and results in chakra balancing.
Watch for future articles with lists of fruits and vegetables that fall into the Rainbow Cleanse Reset.