Bundle up and head to Milwaukee’s Mitchell Park Domes for the Saturday markets that run through April 11, 900 AM to 1:00 PM. You’ll find warmth, local food, free parking, and a celebration of your community.
524 S. Layton Blvd.
Milwaukee, WI 53215
Vendor spotlights: Decatur Dairy, Pinn-Oak Ridge Farms, Witte’s Vegetable Market
Muenster, Havarti, Brick, Colby Longhorn, Farmers, and Stettler Swiss are only some of the award-winning cheeses produced by cheesemaker Steve Stettler of Decatur Dairy. Stettler also runs Decatur Co-op, which supplies the dairy with milk from 75 local farmers in Lafayette, Green, and Rock counties. Every week members of the Co-op, the Thomson family, come to the market with tons of fresh varieties of cheese and cheese curds for your perusal.
Steve and Darlene Pinnow, the owners of Pinn-Oak Ridge Farms, have been selling their delicious gourmet lamb to Milwaukeeans and Milwaukee restaurants for over 16 years. Located in southeastern Wisconsin, Pinn-Oak Ridge Farms specializes in pasture-raised sheep that have been fed a supplemental vegetarian grain diet. The meat they bring to the market is always fresh and custom cut. Cuts available for sale are lamb chops, rack of lamb, ground lamb, lamb spare ribs, and boneless leg of lamb. Click here to read more about Pinn-Oak Ridge Farms.
Witte’s Vegetable Market is a family owned and operated business located in West Bend, Wisconsin. David, Mary Jo, Gus, and Hannah Witte all work together with their employees to harvest the freshest produce possible. The family even picks many of their crops by hand. Some of the many vegetables they produce are carrots, asparagus, potatoes, squash, leeks, and onions. In the warmer seasons the Wittes open their on-farm vegetable market for business and they attend the West Allis and West Bend farmers’ markets.
Comprehensive vendor list
- Apples/Cider: Brightonwoods Orchard
- Bakery: Aleka’s Kitchen, Sugar & Flour, Water House Foods, Wilhemena’s Pies
- Confection: Becky’s Blissful Bakery
- Dairy: Clock Shadow Creamery, Decatur Dairy
- Eggs: Clario Farms (organic fed), Jeff-Leen Farm, Lakeview Buffalo Farm, Morning Star Family Farm (organic-fed), Soap of the Earth (organic-fed)
- Fermented Foods: Morning Star Family Farm (kombucha), Zymbiotics (kimchi, sauerkraut, ginger carrots)
- Fish: Rushing Waters Fisheries
- Flour: Lonesome Stone Milling
- Game: Golden Bear Monarchs Elk Farm, Lakeview Buffalo Farm
- Honey, Maple Syrup, Sorghum: Rolling Meadows Sorghum Mill, Viola’s Honey
- Jams and Jellies: Fideler Farm, Kick Out the Jams
- Meat: Dominion Valley Farm (pork, beef), GBM Elk Farm (beef), Jeff-Leen Farm (beef), Morning Star Family Farm (organic fed veal, pork, lamb), Pinn-Oak Ridge Farms (fresh lamb)
- Oats: Oly’s Oats
- Poultry: Dominion Valley Farm, Jeff-Leen Farm, JenEhr Family Farm, Lakeview Buffalo Farm, Morning Star Family Farm (organic-fed Cornish game hens)
- Produce: Alsum Sweet Corn, Butter Mountain Potatoes, Clario Farms, JenEhr Family Farm (certified organic), River Valley Ranch (fresh mushrooms), Springdale Farm, Sugar Bee Farm (oyster mushrooms), Witte’s Vegetable Market
- Specialty Food Producers: Afro Fusion Cuisine, Aleka’s Kitchen, Clario Farms, Cocina DeLeon, Mia Famiglia, River Valley Kitchens, Rushing Waters Fisheries, Savory Accents, Thymely Herbals, Wisconsin Soup Company
- Soap: Soap of the Earth, Thymely Herbals
- Coffee: Valentine Coffee Roasters
Enjoy a great breakfast while you shop
Breakfast/Brunch: Blue’s Egg (We are partial to the polenta with egg and mushroom gravy.)
The winter’s farmer market offers you all the joys of a spring market. Once you discover how great it is, you’ll really miss it when the season ends.
Amy Lou Jenkins is the award-winning author of Every Natural Fact: Five Seasons of Open-Air Parenting. Contact her atwww.AmyLouJenkins.com